The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Exhausts' again !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi Guys

Ive still got the standard pipes fitted and want to increase the sound without going past the 105db limit we have for track days here int he UK ( the 105db is measured 3 ft away from the pipe)

I seem to remember a thread discussing corsa or the GT500 axle backs, any new products on the market or shall i go for corsa or Gt500?

ian

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Damn, I was hoping this was going to be easy.. ;D

So, a 105db limit... Measured 3 ft from the pipe... If you are familiar with measuring sound levels then you probably know that is fairly loud but not that loud. Is there any way you could beg/borrow/steal a sound pressure meter to measure your current exhaust volume? If not own one which I believe is still in working order. If you wish I can take a reading off of my Boss (stock exhaust w/o restrictor plates) later today and give an idea of what I'm reading in stock form. In this way you at least have an idea of how much wiggle room you have. PM me if interested.

-Pete

HI pete

The Roush axle backs on my GT give me 105db on the button.

When the measure the boss they dont measure the side pipes only the rear and they laugh as i think its around 90db standard

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel