Extended studs & spacers?

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by Wolvee, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Wolvee

Wolvee TMO Intermediate

I have a set of wheels on my '16 that are 20x9.5 w/ +45 offset and I'm hoping to switch to a square tire setup but I don't know how I can do it other than with spacers or small width tires..

I've bought a set of extended studs but I'm not sure how I'm going to run spacers. Do I buy the +25mm bolt on spacers and use the studs on the spacers or the 20mm slip-ons?

Can anyone break this down for me?

R/S
    M.Wolvee 3amigos.jpg

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. Wheelhopper

Wheelhopper TMO Beginner

Not sure if this helps. But...

I run extended studs and spacers on my 2012 just to help my wheels clear my front calipers and spacers on the rear simply for a wider track. They are the slip ons. I run 1/2" on the front and 1/4" on the rear with no issues.

Wolvee likes this.
  3. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

If you're using the ARP long studs you'll use slip on spacers. The bolt on spacers with their own studs are not recommended especially if you're tracking your car. What size wheels are you going to buy? Check some of the @APEXRaceParts threads as they can provide some guidance on what spacers are needed for different wheel setups.

4. strengthrehab

strengthrehab TMO Race

Shouldn't need much of a spacer. I run 19x10 +45 on all corners without spacer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

VoodooBoss likes this.
  5. APEXRaceParts

APEXRaceParts Race Proven, Street Approved

If you have already purchased extended wheel studs, I would recommend installing those and then getting some of the slip on spacers that you mentioned, around 12mm in thickness would be optimal.

What size tire are you running? All of our 9.5" wide Mustang wheels have an offset of +35mm, but you could run a slight bit wider if you feel like it. Using a 10mm spacer would put your wheels at an effective offset of +35mm, and a 12mm spacer to +33mm. Both of these will sit flush with the wheel wells in the front and rear.

- Cory

Wolvee likes this.