The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Extending my splitter to start my flat floor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Do you have any tricks or "cool" ideas for cooling once your flat floor is in?? I took my splitter far back past the oil pan but engine temps went to high. Was thinking things like nasca ducts to take air to the headers (and wrap them).

Do you have any tricks or "cool" ideas for cooling once your flat floor is in?? I took my splitter far back past the oil pan but engine temps went to high. Was thinking things like nasca ducts to take air to the headers (and wrap them).
Duct the front of your radiator to your grill as tight as possible. Also check out RaceLouvers.com to let more heat and pressure out. I have a fully ducted front and back side on my radiator so don't forsee any issues.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Duct the front of your radiator to your grill as tight as possible. Also check out RaceLouvers.com to let more heat and pressure out. I have a fully ducted front and back side on my radiator so don't forsee any issues.

Thanks, Already have my hood louvers, but will check out the front ducts, looks like we still have a fair amount of air escaping.

TMO Supporting Vendors