The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

External Microphone for GoPro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Any of you guys running a GoPro, what external mics do you recommend? I just picked up a white edition for $45 off (no Black/Silver nor Contour were available) and was wondering what's given you the best sound on your videos? I'm looking to use the GoPro on Friday @ LS for a Jaguar track day (driving the F-type V8 S, XKR amongst their offerings) and I'd love to have the GoPro dialed in for it. Furthermore, for the Do the Screw event in August. Thanks!

i chose the audio-technica ATR3350 because it has a long cable, and its own power source from batteries.

i've only tested it once. here's the test video, i ran the mic next to the gas pedal to pick up some of the engine noise from the sound-tube. next time i may stick it in the sound tube.

EDIT: i take it back, my test vid doesnt have the audio using the external mic. search on youtube tho, there are vids out there using this mic.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhuCzJhJzAo[/youtube]

I have the ATR3350 but i feel it gets overpowered a bit when outside the car. I use it more for the inside and other occasions.

I use the PRO24CM audio technica mic. I use a suction cup mount to attach it to this bracket a friend made for me:
935467_10151596689687622_1912318587_n.jpg

As a matter of fact, for anyone looking for a full go pro setup:
http://www.the370z.com/misc-items-sale-no-z-stuff/73662-gopro-hero3-black-edition-w-32gb-2-mics-mounts-etc.html

TMO Supporting Vendors