The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Eyebolts to replace seat bolts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When looking for ways to mount racing harnesses, could the factory seat bolts that hold it to the floor just be replaced with eyebolts? And then using a clip-in style harness just clip to the eyebolts? This seems way too easy of a solution that I'd like to know what I'm missing. Thanks!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I believe that could be done. The REAR mount points for the front seats are actually studs, so you'll have to remove those altogether.

All of the front seat fasteners come off with 15mm sockets, so they are likely M8 hardware but I'm not sure of the pitch. Pull a sample and get it measured before you buy!

ArizonaBOSS said:
I believe that could be done. The REAR mount points for the front seats are actually studs, so you'll have to remove those altogether.

All of the front seat fasteners come off with 15mm sockets, so they are likely M8 hardware but I'm not sure of the pitch. Pull a sample and get it measured before you buy!

Yeah, with the rear mount points the studs can just be unscrewed and replaced with eyebolts. I see most people going to other lengths to install mounting bars, special clips, etc.. and just couldn't figure out why nobody has mentioned this. Could there be an issue with the angle of the lap harness belts or something?

voodoo child21 said:
I do this on my 2016 Mustang. Should work on Boss' too.

Could you show us a couple pics of this? I'm just curious to see the angle of the belts around the seats. Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel