The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

(F)ord stockholders/investors

What's your call?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Grant 302 said:
Ouch. F trading around 15.00 in the closing minutes.

time to buy F?

You would think so based on today's price, but I am not convinced of Ford's engineering prowess to build the all aluminum F150 "right the first time" out of the box.

And don't see the new Mustang impacting the stock positively in any way, shape or form.

There are challenges ahead...

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
four-walling said:
time to buy F?
I say generally yes today was the day, but wait for a confirmation of the bottom if initiating a position.
You would think so based on today's price, but I am not convinced of Ford's engineering prowess to build the all aluminum F150 "right the first time" out of the box.
I don't think that matters, if you mean a 'zero defect' launch. But if you mean no 'major' screw ups, then I have similar concerns, but more faith that they can get it right. Mileage and styling sells so I'm not *that* worried. I think lighter materials are the right call for the future of trucks, and being the first out of the gate is a big risk...especially with their #1 cash cow.
And don't see the new Mustang impacting the stock positively in any way, shape or form.
Totally disagree. Perhaps I am disillusioned about the global desirability/demand, but I think it's there. The 5.0 Mustang and Boss are excellent examples of the Mustang's ability to draw buyers from other brands due to the performance/price point. The only shame is the shutting down of Australian units...I'm sure they'd have sold there too.
There are challenges ahead...
Sure are. The ones that concern me more are industry-wide. I underestimated the duration and impacts of the multiple launches this year and next. But the timing would be really unfortunate if the upcoming downturn is bigger than some predict

Grant 302

Fomoco302 said:
Europe is the bigger issue.

Well that's what people are focusing on. Sure, the continuing losses are a drag on share price since they were expected to turn around. At least the losses have narrowed to about half so far. Less loss is still a gain to the bottom line IMO.

But I still don't get why F trades at such a discount at current and forward P/E ratios and to some extent dividend rate.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Car dealerships are very busy right now-almost "bubble like".

Searching for a car to replace my my daily driver.

Will just keep what I have got if the deals don't get better.

Grant 302

True. The real question is: Is this a lagging effect from pent-up old demand or speculative buying based on interest rate increase fears. I think it's more of the former. IOW, I think the sales rate is a bit more stable.

My friends thought I was a fool when I bought Ford stock at roughly $1.50 years ago, they don't laugh anymore. I learned my lesson when Kmart stock was worthless and I wanted to buy some, I listened to these same people and passed.....Sears came in and scooped them up, the stock went up several dollars over night, grrrrr.

Grant 302

I thought *I* was a bit crazy when I bought near the bottom. Then it felt even crazier to hold any past $10-11.

Glad today's earnings release was received well enough. Hope the January sales numbers surprise to the up side...especially for the F-150.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
About time they did. Ford is really innovating now and all of their products are starting to see the results from investment years ago. They have plenty to do still but it's a positive sign.

A shame they'll take a powder on the Airbag debacle from something that wasn't even on them.

Good day for F. Up 3.61% to 15.21. I bought in a few days ago @ about $14.70. Seems to be bouncing up and down in a range. Sell @ $16.50?

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
I think my DCA is about 16 but I don't see selling it for some time. Just like having it and bought in when there was no dividend. I'm parked for the long term & finally enough of a dividend that I notice when it hits. I like that the dividend is contributing to various things for my car…. ;-)

Several analysts put it at 18+.

Grant 302

Fat Boss said:
Good day for F. Up 3.61% to 15.21. I bought in a few days ago @ about $14.70. Seems to be bouncing up and down in a range. Sell @ $16.50?

Depends on your timeline. I'd look for a bit more, even if you're looking at selling within a few months. I'm thinking between $17 and $18.

Sold my most recent shares of F at upper $14's. Bought back in some today at low $13's, but I expect volatility. Target price to sell is now $14.5.

Read a very bullish article on Apple and how much money they are making. Plus they've almost doubled their RnD budget lately and why not? I think I'll buy some soon.

TMO Supporting Vendors