The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

(F)ord stockholders/investors

What's your call?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F is at 12.00 today, a week after the election. I just looked at the trend line, and over the past year it's not looking good. Any ever sell short? I think after the New Year there will be a pull back in the market. Just a hunch that a new, unproven President might inspire some caution in the markets.

Jabooh1 said:
I am waiting for the OPEC meeting on Nov. 30 and the December Fed rate hike. Both of those should have a negative affect of stocks.
Why would OPEC doing nothing have a negative effect on stocks? I also think the nearly guaranteed fed rate hike in Dec is already baked into the market.

I feel the combination of OPEC (General bad news) and rate hike will lower the market. Sometimes when oil drops it drags the Dow down also.

The rate hike isn't baked in as the Dow keeps hitting all time highs.

Even if it is baked in, you will probably see a dip the day of and after. If you are going to get in, that might be a good time.

Ford hit a five year low yesterday at 10.91. Their profits still seem to be able to easily pay the 5%+ dividend, so it is just market paranoia, IMHO.

Might be time to hop in again. I've been in and out of F several times since this thread started, and I've always made money. Hard to go wrong with a healthy company at a five year low paying 5%+ on the dividend and the dividend seems safe. Much safer that Tesla, for sure.

Since I am more long term I gave up on F and purchased IPGP (so far a good choice). Once I get some other stocks back in the black I might cash out and buy F again for the dividend.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
So Mark Fields, Ford CEO fired on Monday and we saw a nice up tic, but now the slide continues. That was short lived.

Fields netted good profits but F continued to slide under his tenure.

The new guy Jim Hacket, is new to the car business and he is focused on self driving vehicles by 2021 while Fields existing mgmt. team runs the day to day car business.

Humm?
302 Hi Pro

F is languishing because so far they have missed the boat on both pure electrics and self-driving hoo-ha. No, the CMax and Focus EV don't count.

Too many of Ford's eggs are in the truck basket right now. If something happens and oil jumps, truck/SUV revenue will crater and Ford will dive even further.

I bought some under $11.00 just for the dividend. Hopefully they'll get some self-driving news releases soon, since that seems to be all anyone wants to hear.

Ford is not the only manufacturer hurting right now. Volkswagen is *really* hurting both because of their diesel debacle and because of their skew toward cars rather than trucks/SUVs.

VW are offering absolutely insane incentives on some cars right now. When you have to lay $6000 on the hood to move a $28,000 car, it is not good.

TMO Supporting Vendors