The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

(F)ord stockholders/investors

What's your call?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Interesting poll results... I've had a target for the summer at 18, and 22 by next Jan/Feb 2014. Some volatility and correction in-between during the late summer or fall, unless sales continue to surprise to the up side through the next quarter.

Grant 302

Still tagging new highs daily. 8) 17.09 (so far) today, 16.99 yesterday, 16.94 the day before.

Technicals are still telling me to hold...

I should have held on to mine, but I sold at $7.50. But buying at $1.50 still gave me a great return. If the economy keeps chugging along at some point people will start buying new cars en masse again.

I'd rate it a HOLD. Currently most of my money is in LRCX where I work, but I also have some NFLX and recently sold my TSLA. Might get into some YELP, as I use it all the time and if you look at the chart... http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=YELP+Basic+Chart&t=2y

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Fat Boss said:
recently sold my TSLA.

I sold my 300 shares of Tesla at an average of $95 for a 200% profit. I told my broker to hold onto the proceeds and I will be back in at $60.

However, that now seems a bit high even the though the stock is at $120 something...

Hold/Buy.

ford is fixing their Euro loses as I type, has lot of room left to run. Not to mention if you were an early buyer, the dividend rate is quite healthy.

If you think Ford is doing great, take a look at Arctic Cat over the 2 years! I have been buying Ford ever since they came out with the '12 Focus. Now with the Fusion and Taurus you can't go wrong. But I am worried that the price is getting inflated by everyone jumping back into the market.

Grant 302 said:
Hit 17.29 today. 8) I'd like to see some back-and-fill soon...but no complaints here.

The REAL long term question is whether or not a ONE Ford worldwide model can work...

Thankfully, THE BOSS bailed from Boeing at the right time..

Can't wait for the 50th anniversary.

Grant 302

Quarterly earnings will be out on Wednesday...should be a fun ride no matter what the results.

VTBoss302 said:
The REAL long term question is whether or not a ONE Ford worldwide model can work...

Might see some of the benefits sooner than later if it drives profitability and efficiency higher...or reduces the need to reinvest as much of their earnings.

Grant 302 said:
Might see some of the benefits sooner than later if it drives profitability and efficiency higher...or reduces the need to reinvest as much of their earnings.

Will need to consult my crystal ball...or just wait until tomorrow.. ;)

Grant 302

VTBoss302 said:
Will need to consult my crystal ball...or just wait until tomorrow.. ;)

Gotta trust my Magic 8 Ball! :eek: Waiting is that hard part with all the volatility from pre-release speculation! Fair amount of moment for no other technical reason.

Grant 302

askjeffro said:
Investing only favors the long term player. Short term thinking is statically a losers game.

I mostly agree. Investing is best with long term view strategies, even with short term actions. My typical short term realized gains in a year are a fraction of the long term gains. But I make *all* trades based on short/near term technicals and supplement the long view with short term trading. I consider it being efficient.

I am currently unwinding a strategy laid out on 11/2/2007.

Grant 302

I think the only near term sell signals would be any disappointing monthly sales.

Bumping up my prediction to see 20 or 21 before the end of summer or early fall now. And that's just a near term target for me...not a sell or close the position yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors