The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
NASCAR is now 100% spec car, saw that first hand when we toured Penske and the guys who've been there 20plus years just can't believe it's come to this. They can't fabricate anything! But there are still very cool jobs in those mega race teams.

Funny, my Dad wrenched on a Winston West eons ago.

Top Fuel teams ... I've heard loads of crazy stories from the pit guys and crew chiefs, and drag racing is not a drivers race, it's a crew chief's race. Haven't been in those pits for years since they all brought most of their manufacturing in house. The Schumacher team built the Exide Batteries car in the business unit next to us way back when. That was cool to watch as kids.

I think the IMSA sports car deal looks like so much fun, and despite the BOP ... the cars look so good.
Yeah, I was hot and heavy back in the 80's and 90's......things were different back then.
Everything was different back then. :(

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
You will be fine Fabman, as the tax plan from what I heard ( from a friend it will affect ) is for folks who have extreme wealth and are leaving the State --- I believe $30 million or more. It will take a portion of the wealth for 10 years after they leave,, around 1% I believe. Some people believe those same uber wealthy folks will either band together in a lawsuit , or they will have the funds to legally avoid any issue. I won't list the idea my friend told me he could use to avoid it , as I am sworn to secrecy, ha. You won't have any problem, nor will 99% of folks I know in the Golden State.
Now the utility companies are starting to bill you based on how much you make vs how much you use....this place is totally out of hand.
My PG&E bill for the last few months was near 1000.00/month.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Now the utility companies are starting to bill you based on how much you make vs how much you use....
That is completely absurd. How these people continue to get elected? Sorry...not intended to derail, but that is just absolutely mind boggling.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to agree there are a ton of tracks close to Tennessee, that is a solid choice to be near a ton of tracks and with Flatrock Motorsports Park being built as we speak , we all may have a huge bucket list track to go to.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
That is completely absurd. How these people continue to get elected? Sorry...not intended to derail, but that is just absolutely mind boggling.
its one party rule here.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Whoa, that's scary stuff
Granted this is my shop and house combined, but I live alone in a small house and cook in a microwave, so I'm not using much there.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I made infinitely more money in 2000 when I was charging 60.00/hr. than I am now at 160.00/hr.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Time to find a sugar momma…….(or daddy 👀)
Well it won't be a "Daddy" that's for sure....and I'm way too independent to ride on anyone's coat tails....so I guess I'll just continue being poor. lol. I'm good at that.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level