The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
mprichar87 said:
Good luck! When is the moment of truth?
The 28th if I can get my fueling issue handled.
Its running out of fuel pressure after a handful of laps.
Seems like it's always after a hard left hander, so I think the fuel is sloshing over to the right saddle and not getting picked up. I'll look in the tank maybe this weekend. I hope the siphon tube came off or something simple. I pumped all the fuel out through the fuel rails and only got 7 gallons so I am pretty sure that's the issue.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
mprichar87 said:
I assume you're talking NCRC @ Laguna? I've got to fix a coolant leak (well first find then fix...) but if I get around to it before then I may join you.
That's the dream...lets see if it pans out.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
mprichar87 said:
I assume you're talking NCRC @ Laguna? I've got to fix a coolant leak (well first find then fix...) but if I get around to it before then I may join you.
It's almost sold out so I went ahead and registered.
If you think you are going to make it you might consider doing the same.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
mprichar87 said:
Check the coolant conections into the oil cooler. Thats where mine was

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Mad Hatter said:
Check the coolant conections into the oil cooler. Thats where mine was

Sent from my SM-G900M using Tapatalk
Last couple times I saw him he was running a Miata....not sure of he even has the Mustang anymore?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
mprichar87 said:
Alrighty, I'll take a look when I get home!

All classes "Almost sold out".
http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Well, the new calipers don't clear my street wheels so I'm not sure how I'm going to bed these brakes in.... :-\

Bay Area
Fabman said:
Well, the new calipers don't clear my street wheels so I'm not sure how I'm going to bed these brakes in.... :-\

Hey Sal, not sure what your running but I have Apex 18x10 with Nitto NT-01 275-40 you could use for bedding. I'm not using them but braking bedding won't hurt them. I drink..... hit me up if I can help

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
byronj said:
Hey Sal, not sure what your running but I have Apex 18x10 with Nitto NT-01 275-40 you could use for bedding. I'm not using them but braking bedding won't hurt them. I drink..... hit me up if I can help
you had me at "I drink."

I'll shoot you a pm

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
byronj said:
You get my response? If not I live in Belmont. I'm about 45 mins west of you
Come see us! We're BBQing at 11:30. Kevin will be here as well....
Sometimes we do BBQ Friday on Tuesdays because the bookkeeper is here. :)

Bay Area
Fabman said:
Come see us! We're BBQing at 11:30. Kevin will be here as well....
Sometimes we do BBQ Friday on Tuesdays because the bookkeeper is here. :)

Oh man, I can't make it today. Usually I could but I have to train a new kid some sales crap.

Thanks for the invite.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
byronj said:
Oh man, I can't make it today. Usually I could but I have to train a new kid some sales crap.

Thanks for the invite.
We do this all the time, I'll save a spot for you next time.
I am gone this weekend so I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to pick up those wheels.
I totally appreciate the offer and if I can finagle a way I would love to use them.
Unfortunately the track day is the 28th and I'm running out of time. :(

Bay Area
Fabman said:
We do this all the time, I'll save a spot for you next time.
I am gone this weekend so I'm not sure I'll have an opportunity to pick up those wheels.
I totally appreciate the offer and if I can finagle a way I would love to use them.
Unfortunately the track day is the 28th and I'm running out of time. :(

Thanks Sal. Just let me know and if you can use them let me know. Actually, my guy will be driving through Pleasanton tomorrow afternoon, maybe we can do a drop off. PM me if it might work

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
byronj said:
Thanks Sal. Just let me know and if you can use them let me know. Actually, my guy will be driving through Pleasanton tomorrow afternoon, maybe we can do a drop off. PM me if it might work
Hell yeah, that would be AWESOME!

Last edited:
Bay Area
Fabman said:
Hell yeah, that would be AWESOME!

1525082_803959416326976_1527787627725905579_n.jpg

OK if it works you you'll need to help out getting the set back over to me. But as of now I am in no rush since my track days aren't scheduled yet.

I sent a text to the number on the card.

Fabman said:
Last couple times I saw him he was running a Miata....not sure of he even has the Mustang anymore?

Yeah, I was talking about my Spec Miata, but I definitely still have my Boss. Never getting rid of that...hence the Miata purchase. That and I wanted to get into W2W racing and the Boss is too shiny for that :eek:

Still haven't had a chance to look at it...gonna check it out this evening though. I see it's mostly sold out except point-by which I guess I could survive running in haha.

The trans on my truck is going out and not sure I want to tow up the hill into Laguna since it's straight up...not sure if I'll make it or not, since when it rains it pours! Waiting for my bonus at the end of the month then gonna get a shiny new (to me) F150 8)

Finally got the car up on ramps, found the coolant leak, ordered a new radiator (gotta love Amazon Prime). Unfortunately the event is sold out...snooze you lose! Have fun, think I may end up at Buttonwillow that weekend instead.

TMO Supporting Vendors