The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
You must be getting close to having your final car weight??
Pretty close, got some more pressing things to complete but we aren't very far away from it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
What Cam is that???? Sounds more aggressive then the LM intake cams.... or with out the tune installed?
Its the L&M cams.
I don't have the power brakes hooked up and the hole for the PCV just has tape over it....we aren't 100% yet, I just wanted to hear it fire. And it did.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Its just a stock junk yard motor with L&M "intake only" cams and some bolt ons, I doubt it will sound that healthy when it's tuned and has mufflers on it but it didn't smoke and I didn't hear any rods knocking or have oil spurting out etc.
I'm calling this one a win....at least for now.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So you guys with newer full race cars...do you typically do straight pipes out the sides or mufflers all the way out the back? I know what I would do.
Not around here, you have to be 90 db to run at Laguna Seca and 103 at sonoma and Thunderhill.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Atlanta Motorsports Park has the same requirement. I suppose I might not be able to run there. 😒
Certain days they have 103 db but its few and far between not to mention pricey.
For my SCCA races its 103 db so I can make those....just can't use it for a test day.
Probably going to test at thunder hill.

TMO Supporting Vendors