The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
The
The suspense is killing me - where’s the dyno sheets??!! 😁
dyno sheet is in the trunk of the car and the car is in the trailer and the wing hits the tire rack so I can’t open it....we’re going to have to wait till tomorrow to find out. Any guesses?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
The

dyno sheet is in the trunk of the car and the car is in the trailer and the wing hits the tire rack so I can’t open it....we’re going to have to wait till tomorrow to find out. Any guesses?
445 rwhp (Dynojet)

*edit to add dyno brand

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Zoom

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
So, if I remember right your engine is a Gen2 with a CJ manifold, 65mm TB, Ford CAI, LM cam, ARH lth and 3inch exhaust on E85 and corresponding injectors etc.?? So maybe 475 is a little high?? how about 465 rwhp

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I don’t remember the exact numbers and I don’t want to guess, so when I get the dyno sheet from the trailer tomorrow I will post a scan of it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Now Shaun has a mustang dyno and they read low, so a dyno jet would have bigger numbers. If we are going to guess, we should specify on what kind of dyno.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Now remember, this is a junkyard motor with stock lift cams. It has nothing wild done to it. I did all the little “free” horsepower things like electric water pump, really good pan, hand fit crank scrapers, low amp boss alternator, extra pulleys delete etc. it even has tiny 1 3/4” headers. Nothing big and nothing wild. And of course A little tuning magic from AED. I am impressed with the results. Shaun was impressed with the results. Goes to show what can be done on a budget when you pay attention to the little details that are often overlooked.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
When you think about it.... anything over 425rwhp is 500hp at the motor.... Maybe we are getting spoiled!!
While I am happy with the results, I’m still hundreds of hp less than my built motor so I’m not feeling very spoiled. Just satisfied.

TMO Supporting Vendors