The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Like all your oil mods and notes taken... but in the end its also the physics of stroke length, piston speed and heat etc... Maybe your right and I wasted a lot of time and money of lighter forged internals :eek:
Believe me, I’d rather have the aftermarket stuff, I’m just trying to make it through the season with what I have and the oil mods are what’s letting get away with it.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Used to love racing in the rain... Worked in heavy snow areas for most of my life and enjoyed driving in the white stuff... but last time my boss was in the rain turned out expensive, and a little sobering... am in no hurry to go do that again. next time its wet... this guy is just watching.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Qualifying:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Won my class (lapped the second place driver) and finished p4 overall. Not too shabby for a rookie road racer. I had some good laps (5- 1:39’s in a row) and some laps that showed me the limits. I’m learning, and I’m getting better. @cortexracing and @specfabracing for the win!

B4465052-78D9-47EC-A8EB-EFDC282004CA.png

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Awesome. I hope that made the trip worthwhile and will make you change your mind about selling FrankenStang.
We still have one more race today, wish me luck.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Got some pretty ugly cracks in both front rotors. I probably should not go out there but I am going to try and sand bag enough to finish in last position for the points. I just took over the point lead and not finishing would be devistating. If the brakes blow up and I die, I love you man.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Just ease up on them brakes a little and you may get by....But as fast as you go that might not be as easy as it seems.....Good luck!!!!
That’s the plan.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
A678E81F-FD80-45B6-881B-5CCE0EF47F74.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Whoops, I did it again.

AA363E14-2318-4577-B129-9AFB9316B9BC.jpeg

It’s a two-fer today....I’ll take it! I’ll take em both!

502F11B8-96CD-4875-8B18-EB2E5C6EA8A9.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors