The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
cropped.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sonoma this weekend. Gonna be a hot one. Hope I don't melt. o_O

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
101F here right now.
106* here and we just finished loading the car....I'm already beat.
Guess we're gonna give that cool shirt a go this weekend.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
It's close to the bathrooms and driver's lounge (air conditioned). Food is at the other end...That's better than being on the blacktop!
Saturday social and smorgy feast....in garages 1-4.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hot as hell here in Sonoma.2B19659F-A6F4-4042-8923-C3BF695C2538.jpegBF0E2D63-E1C8-41FA-A35E-C1224890DB9D.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
EC48E6D4-B47A-490A-B62F-1E9B8DC36FE4.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
And that right there is my biggest fan.

BD7EFB8A-3196-4AF6-B278-1D13B73E34F8.jpeg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
First qualifying round:

E9665B40-07FF-45F7-99AB-414EC98F23CA.png

In the V6L
This reminds me of the old joke about the two campers and the bear. The campers are out in the wilderness, sunning themselves beside a stream and dangling their feet in the water. Then a bear comes out of the trees, takes a look at them and starts to run toward them snarling and snapping. They leap to their feet . One of them starts running away, but the other one just starts pulling on his shoes. The running camper yells back - "hurry up - you'll never beat him if you don't get going!". The other camper calmly replies "Naw, I'm not worried. I don't have to run faster than the bear, I just have to run faster than you".

So, while you're 13 seconds behind the GT2, you're also 13 seconds ahead of the other ITE. Good spot to be in - well done!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Qualifying: Round 1.
(Raw video)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
This reminds me of the old joke about the two campers and the bear. The campers are out in the wilderness, sunning themselves beside a stream and dangling their feet in the water. Then a bear comes out of the trees, takes a look at them and starts to run toward them snarling and snapping. They leap to their feet . One of them starts running away, but the other one just starts pulling on his shoes. The running camper yells back - "hurry up - you'll never beat him if you don't get going!". The other camper calmly replies "Naw, I'm not worried. I don't have to run faster than the bear, I just have to run faster than you".

So, while you're 13 seconds behind the GT2, you're also 13 seconds ahead of the other ITE. Good spot to be in - well done!
That corvette is screaming fast…..the NSX is the record holder here and at thunder hill.. That #88 stock car has a 1000hp nascar motor. We’re in some fast company and I don’t know this track very well yet, but I’m learning.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

That other ITE car hasn’t run here before and he wasn’t here for practice so qualifying was his first time on this track ever. He’ll pick up a bunch of speed over the course of the weekend.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Surprise ending…..race hero wasn’t working so we’re waiting for the manual tally to be posted….stay tuned.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel