The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
:eek::eek::eek:
You be hardcore my man!
I used to be somebody....now I'm just some old guy with a Mustang trying to relive his glory days like Al Bundy and his football hero days.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
trying to relive his glory days like Al Bundy and his football hero days.
Four touchdowns... one game.

Love seeing your success. I get the expenses, but I don't see you setting new PBs without the competition. I admire your drive to win even more than your wonderful Mustang... and that's saying something.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Four touchdowns... one game.

Love seeing your success. I get the expenses, but I don't see you setting new PBs without the competition. I admire your drive to win even more than your wonderful Mustang... and that's saying something.
Thanks Boone. :)

Seriously, Folks....Sal has taken his ride to the extreme!!!...He's gone the extra mile more than once.....I'm sure he don't wanna let it go just yet...you never do when you got the fever and there's no vaccine for that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Just remember "That old guy with a Mustang" covers a lot of territory around here................

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
I used to be somebody....now I'm just some old guy with a Mustang trying to relive his glory days like Al Bundy and his football hero days.
hahaha, thats funny shiznit, I've given up on real racing and live vicariously thru my kid now. I'll never be the driver I once was. He clearly shows me why. He got fast hands, quick reflexes, perfect vision and learns quick. First race in the legend he out qualified the guy we bought the car from.

SCCA sucks for trophies. I have a bunch of crappy mugs and cheap plaques. Plus $650 entry fee, damn thats steep. Nice job covering most of the porsches. Thats worth some money right there. That Brian Lowrance guy on Saturday is no joke, he's been around.

Which Amsoil ATF did you put in the Tremec? I went to the Tremec fluid this spring and at first it seemed good but now its getting harder to shift, especially cold. I'll try the Amsoil. Is it this one https://www.amsoil.com/p/signature-series-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid-atf/

thanks

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
hahaha, thats funny shiznit, I've given up on real racing and live vicariously thru my kid now. I'll never be the driver I once was. He clearly shows me why. He got fast hands, quick reflexes, perfect vision and learns quick. First race in the legend he out qualified the guy we bought the car from.

SCCA sucks for trophies. I have a bunch of crappy mugs and cheap plaques. Plus $650 entry fee, damn thats steep. Nice job covering most of the porsches. Thats worth some money right there. That Brian Lowrance guy on Saturday is no joke, he's been around.

Which Amsoil ATF did you put in the Tremec? I went to the Tremec fluid this spring and at first it seemed good but now its getting harder to shift, especially cold. I'll try the Amsoil. Is it this one https://www.amsoil.com/p/signature-series-multi-vehicle-synthetic-automatic-transmission-fluid-atf/

thanks

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Saturday Race @ Laguna Seca. Look at all those Porsches!
Kind of a boring race but look how consistent those lap times are!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sal. Enjoy a pizza-and a beer and relax...you deserve it....................
That's part of our ritual, Pizza and beer Saturday night then BBQ Ribs on the way home Sunday. :)

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Do they still have pretty girls in tight outfits handing out the prizes?? Thats one of my highlights.... Jeezz! How sad that sounds now that I read it......

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Do they still have pretty girls in tight outfits handing out the prizes?? Thats one of my highlights.... Jeezz! How sad that sounds now that I read it......
Not that I've seen.....now Oval track races, definitely yes.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Dion from Racers360 Coaching me on my last qualifying session at Laguna Seca.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
"Looking forward to see those 35's". JS
I think its doable, but all I have to run at the next event are those flat spotted tires we ran at Sonoma....not my first choice.
I do have one set of stickers but I'm saving those for the season finale' at Thunderhill in October.
I need to start studying T Hill videos.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yeehaaa, forget the pretty girls and the marble and metal trophys!! Getting to 1:35 would be some serious bragging rights for the most important person... You!... Also, Dion is the Man. The minute we are back at the track, will be sending him vids for some coaching

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
color.jpgSALM-4.jpgSALM-24.jpgSALM-75.jpgSALM-90.jpgSALM-95.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors