The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
And I’m still confused. Did he actually confront you over the matter? What was his explanation?
Oh yes…..he called me all sorts of names and I had to show video to the officials who agreed with me but by that time he was gone so I guess I’m still an @sshole. Word has it that he’s been bad mouthing me all over the place. Don’t you just love racing? This is why I quit back in the day, but here I am again and it’s the same sh!t all over.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
And I’m still confused. Did he actually confront you over the matter? What was his explanation?
He said I blocked him….he clearly hasn’t read my TMO signature.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Entry Vortex of Danger
Some people are just idiots, you have to accept that they can't deal with logic and reality, and move on. It would be nice if one of the stewards that reviewed the video had a chat with him at the next event, to ensure the driver knew he was in the wrong. Probably wouldn't stop him complaining, though. :ohdamn:

Ron McCall

Pantera1889
Oh yes…..he called me all sorts of names and I had to show video to the officials who agreed with me but by that time he was gone so I guess I’m still an @sshole. Word has it that he’s been bad mouthing me all over the place. Don’t you just love racing? This is why I quit back in the day, but here I am again and it’s the same sh!t all over.
Definitely his fault .

And the GT40 is a Superformance . He couldn't make the sound limit ( 104.8db) so he wasn't allowed to continue.

Ron

I stayed away from stock car tracks for about 3 years, when I went back I found myself blocked between 2 car haulers, my buddy was on one side, the guy who wanted to beat him with a tire iron on the other, of course, I was stuck in the middle LOL, all I could say is that it hadn't changed much in the 3 years I had left.
Keep in mind that he threatened you (hopefully in front of a witness or 2) so if he does blatantly take you out, that's assault. I'm not sure that's punishable anymore in the People's Republik, but the track wouldn't want the added attention either, I'm sure.

The officials know who he is. I would follow up with the officials and make sure they either call or email him with their decision and make it clear that he was at fault.
Or at least knock it off with the BS intimidation. I don't know if you ever met Fabman, but he's a big guy, if I was going to take him on I'd at least pack a lunch because it might take all day.

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
Yeah, he actually said that the next time I do that he's gonna take me out.

Don't worry most road racers don't know how to actually take someone out, especially a whiny, crappy driver like this guy. He'll just end up wrecking himself again if he even has the balls to try it.

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
idk, everyone in california wants to sue anyone for anything, so im pretty sure that guy saying that is proof/evidence of mal-intent and should be punishable by law since thats a potential threat on someones life. sucks to suck. be a better driver

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
idk, everyone in california wants to sue anyone for anything, so im pretty sure that guy saying that is proof/evidence of mal-intent and should be punishable by law since thats a potential threat on someones life. sucks to suck. be a better driver
He just bought that car and it was his first day in something really fast so he was just driving over his head.
I understand, I really do, but he needs to know a big gas pedal doesn't give you permission to jam yourself in places it doesn't belong....especially since I qualified over a half second faster and ran away from him everywhere on the track but just that little bit at the end of the straight....it was a desperate move that didn't need to be made. He was the only one in his class and couldn't improve his position......so, why?

TMO Supporting Vendors