The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Got the American Iron Extreme banner and NASA decals installed (with some help from @Frank.JD.Perez) gonna see if I can sneak into the NASA race at Sonoma this weekend without anybody noticing…...

F4A35931-EA9F-48F5-8489-CBFC1B779F63.jpeg

A wolf in sheeps clothing perhaps?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
The Blue shift light is 7800m rpm.
The Yellow one is 8200 rpm

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
But you did pass that Vette too quickly. You have to take into account his feelings! You wouldn't want him to feel depressed or unloved would you???
That's actually the Regional director in that car...you can bet I am very careful passing him.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
There is nothing about you or your car that says "sheep." 🐑 I get a real kick out of your caged unibody car sticking it to the tube frame guys. Keep being YOU, and I'll keep living vicariously through you.
So, you're saying I'm not gonna blend....

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
But you did pass that Vette too quickly. You have to take into account his feelings! You wouldn't want him to feel depressed or unloved would you???
I think you should have clutched it on the way by him and hit the rev limiter a few times prior to entering the next turn. He was likely going to stop for a drink or smoke or whatever they do in every turn.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I think you should have clutched it on the way by him and hit the rev limiter a few times prior to entering the next turn. He was likely going to stop for a drink or smoke or whatever they do in every turn.
Naw, he's a good guy and T1 is a different class.
We're just sharing the track with a bunch of other competitors, Most of which are nice people.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Oh, and BTW....we don't have a rev limiter. We die like real men.
That yellow light tells me we are at 8200 which is a self imposed redline and that's good enough for me.
BUT, if I need more....I need it to be on tap so, no rev limiter.

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
I am a Vette owner. I said it. Is this my coming out?
good thing i havent publicly admitted my love for you or else i would be in trouble for that statement

TMO Supporting Vendors