The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 3V Fabman's build; How did we get here? Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
any race video on its way?
Yes but not for a while, my son does the raw production and then I do the final editing but he has Covid so I have no material to work with yet.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Good times racing with my new Buddy @Flash68 .
It was a long weekend and we were both sliding around on spent tires, but we hung in there to the end and a good time was had by all. Yes, more please.1f970.png

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yes but not for a while, my son does the raw production and then I do the final editing but he has Covid so I have no material to work with yet.
Hope he feels fine soon, I had my first Covid a few weeks ago/ young ones should get over it fast!!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Hope he feels fine soon, I had my first Covid a few weeks ago/ young ones should get over it fast!!
He's 44 and strong as an ox. If he can get it, anyone can....including Dad.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
So far, our two daughters had it, then my wife and I as well. But it was like a medium cold with two or three days in bed. Biggest problem was canceled flights as its hard to travel with a positive PCR, and that can go on for months after you recover!!!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Good times racing with my new Buddy @Flash68 .
It was a long weekend and we were both sliding around on spent tires, but we hung in there to the end and a good time was had by all. Yes, more please.View attachment 77012

That looks like fun!! nice to have a ass cam like that.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
OH....Right Front! Of course....how silly of me. Yes, the brakes are eating my tires up.
This was only the 4th heat cycle on R7's and they were completely gone.
You can see how slippery the car was and I was driving half throttle to keep the car under me.
I don't want to have to do that again. When the tires were fresh the car hooked up but they just aren't lasting these days.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors