The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Factory Navigation retrofit project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all. Well being addicted to NAVI in cars and being unable to order it on my Boss I've decided to (try) to put it in myself. I have the navi unit and screen out of a 2010 F-150 and ordered from Ford the bezel , radio controls and heater control module. Ill be staring to tinker on it tomorrow and once and if I get this to work ill post part numbers and tips.

OK I have the wiring 90% worked out. I need to order brackets for the HU and display and an amp. Please stay tuned

There's a lot of bits to get but so far the big $$ items Ive got off eBay on the cheap. It did power up and looks amazing, WAY better than the system in my 08 Tundra!

OK. Its in and working (kinda). One major problem is the will be no heat due to the Navi equipped cars have dual zone hvac and Bosses do not. Here's a quick rundown... Buy a Navi system off eBay (box and screen) bring it to dealer to program it to a Mustang this cost me $91 (they send it to United Radio in NY) you'll need an amp, jumper harness for amp (4S7T14489YR3A) display wire 10E929, radio bezel, heater buttons, GPS/SAT antenna, SAT/NAVI combo cable. Your best bet is to find one out of a totaled Mustang since you cannot buy radio bracketry I had to make my own which was tough. Ill put together all the part numbers once I dig up all the slips. Looks and works amazing!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
On MustangsDaily there is a photo of the Scosche aftermarket center panel for Double-DIN stereos/nav. It has a new digital touch-screen HVAC controller screen incorporated as well. $230 or so IIRC.

Maui
ArizonaGT said:
On MustangsDaily there is a photo of the Scosche aftermarket center panel for Double-DIN stereos/nav. It has a new digital touch-screen HVAC controller screen incorporated as well. $230 or so IIRC.

03-scosche-mustang-dash-kit.jpg

This looks like a sweet upgrade!

808Boss said:
boss2012 said:
I've been trying to find the Scosche kit and it is sold out everywhere. If you know where one is let me know

I will. Let me know if you find it as well. :)
Just spoke to Scosche and the kit has not been released yet. It is scheduled for availability the week of Dec. 12th.

Maui
boss2012 said:
808Boss said:
boss2012 said:
I've been trying to find the Scosche kit and it is sold out everywhere. If you know where one is let me know

I will. Let me know if you find it as well. :)
Just spoke to Scosche and the kit has not been released yet. It is scheduled for availability the week of Dec. 12th.

Thanks! Just in time for Christmas!

TMO Supporting Vendors