The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fake Boss?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
A quick Google search turned up there website. It looks like Shinoda is an aftermarket performance Mustang maker

http://www.teamshinoda.com/

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Tucson302 said:
A quick Google search turned up there website. It looks like Shinoda is an aftermarket performance Mustang maker

http://www.teamshinoda.com/
look at their site....still a tacky gt with aftermarket decals. shindona decals are diff.

BLAZN BOSS

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/thehistoryof/mump_0509_boss_shinoda_mustangs_legacy/viewall.html

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
mump_0509_02_z+boss_shinoda_mustangs_legacy+red_mustang_front.jpg

yup fake boss like I said and fake shinoda.

verdict....gt with tacky decals

Justin said:
look at their site....still a tacky gt with aftermarket decals. shindona decals are diff.

That is pretty much all they are. Really degrades the name IMO without any real stellar performance.

The only Shinoda worth mentioning or having.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOJW5F2Cn_Y[/youtube]

GA
There is a fake '12 black LS that I see at the car shows around south of Atlanta. It has everything so the only way to tell it is a fake is by the engine and interior. I can't believe that by the time you start installing mods to that degree that it is cheaper than buying a real Boss.

As long as not mis-represented as a real BOSS, what's the harm? '90 GT's were the rage when I was in high school. There were just as many 4 cylinder mustangs with cheese grater tail lights as real GTs in the school lot. Now if we saw a base GT with graphics and a BOSS intake with "fake" number plate...that would be different.

Putting fake Boss stickers on your Mustang is Rice. Just like putting a type R badge on a base integra is. I have nothing against people putting vinyl on the car that is similar but no reason for it to say Boss on it other than to make people think you have something that you don't.

I may be in the minority opinion on this, but it doesn't bother me at all. To each his own I say. To me imitation is the highest form of flattery :D. Classic car auctions are filled with Yenko cloned Camaros and SS Camaros that started off life as base models. Same hold true with classic mustangs being cloned to appear as GT350's and GT500's. As long as when it comes time to sell, the owners sell the cars for what they are...clones. I have no issue with it then.

cbj5259 said:
I may be in the minority opinion on this, but it doesn't bother me at all. To each his own I say. To me imitation is the highest form of flattery :D. Classic car auctions are filled with Yenko cloned Camaros and SS Camaros that started off life as base models. Same hold true with classic mustangs being cloned to appear as GT350's and GT500's. As long as when it comes time to sell, the owners sell the cars for what they are...clones. I have no issue with it then.

Agreed but a ground-up clone is one thing. Like the guy here with the red and white GT. Done full out and proper and it's very tasteful. Slapping a GT-R badge on your car isn't the same thing as that though. This silver mustang is rice as hell. It's a stock GT with a big gaudy Boss sticker on it.

To each his own.

Back in '06 I bought a plain jane white GT.

Now there were no Shebly's out yet and I thought this car would look great at a '67 GT350..........

I sold this to buy the Boss.........

15.jpg

SVTOASEBRINGMay24-252008DL-24088.jpg

PBOCSebring.jpg

PBOCDaytonaOct23-252009DL-21123.jpg

SVTOASEBRINGMay24-252008DL-32247-1.jpg

GA
Boss1601 said:
As long as not mis-represented as a real BOSS, what's the harm? '90 GT's were the rage when I was in high school. There were just as many 4 cylinder mustangs with cheese grater tail lights as real GTs in the school lot. Now if we saw a base GT with graphics and a BOSS intake with "fake" number plate...that would be different.

No harm, it just depends on whether or not you care what people think. I have put Boss parts on my car because I like the styling and aero functionality, but I would never put anything with "Boss 302" because I don't want to be seen as a poser.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
I've seen 3 modern GTs in my area with not only the stripes...but the Boss302 logo on them. Although I could care less what other people do with their cars...it's just kinda lame.

Recently the guy in my town with one of these poser cars was parked at a Starbucks. Hood up...trying to impress the folks that didn't know better. I just happened to be driving my Boss...and I parked right next to him.

Needless to say the hood was shut and he was on his way before I got out to go get my coffee...

TMO Supporting Vendors