The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Faking It!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faking It: Engine-Sound Enhancement Explained Interesting article from Car and Driver and they use the Boss as an example.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/faking-it-engine-sound-enhancement-explained-tech-dept?mag=cdb&list=nl_dvr_news&src=nld&date=092615

2011-ford-mustang-boss-302-exhaust-1-photo-453163-s-original.jpg

Yeah, I have never liked the sound tube on our cars and the first time I saw it I thought it was crazy. A tube from the intake to the cabin so you can hear the engine??? Pfft! And now I see other manufactures are using actual speakers and sound tracks?! :eek: Ridicious.

latest

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I think its a balance between maintaining goverment sound requirements becoming ever more oppressive and keeping performance enthusiast happy.

If it sounds good and enjoy it why is it bad?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel