The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Falken RT615k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chuckwalla Valley Raceway academy cars ran those tires when several TMO members were there three years ago and I was impressed with their grip. No comment on sizing but I don't see why not.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I don't think you'll have any issues running a 40 series tire on the rear. The rear tire will stand a bit taller, the speedo calibration will be slightly off, however you can have your PCM set up with 40 series rear tires to correct fo that.

TK program also requires rear tire size information.

Let us know how you like the new rubber if you decide to install them.

Good luck,
302 Hi Pro

302 Hi Pro said:
I don't think you'll have any issues running a 40 series tire on the rear. The rear tire will stand a bit taller, the speedo calibration will be slightly off, however you can have your PCM set up with 40 series rear tires to correct fo that.

TK program also requires rear tire size information.

Let us know how you like the new rubber if you decide to install them.

Good luck,
302 Hi Pro

This would be a track day only wheel/tire so I'm not going to bother with PCM or TPMS either

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I have seen a few people with these Falkens at the track..... Not do too be negative, ... But for the price you can get better TD200 tires for the track. The Size would nice though. Take a look at the Dunlp DZ2, great tire and cheaper but only up to 275 :-\

Mad Hatter said:
I have seen a few people with these Falkens at the track..... Not do too be negative, ... But for the price you can get better TD200 tires for the track. The Size would nice though. Take a look at the Dunlp DZ2, great tire and cheaper but only up to 275 :-\

Well actually no, with a little shopping I managed to get the 615 k's in 255 F & 295 R cheaper than the DZ2 or the RE11. From discussions with drivers at my local track the Falken's seemed better suited to heaver cars than the Dz2. Similar input on the RE11's I will not get to track them for some time but will post when I do.

Had a chance to use the new 615k's today at one of the SCCA Track Nights. I usually work corners for these but got to drive this one for a change. Tires worked great, started with 34 cold up front and 32 rear. After 20 min session had 40 F & 38 R within 1 min of coming off with a cool down lap.

Tires were very responsive, grip was good after about 2 laps (one yellow and one at speed) and stayed consistent with no signs of roll over to edge markers. I don't have CC plates, but with the P springs my shop checked alignment and it was -1.4. Most newer Mustangs are factory set at -.9 so the springs did add some neg.

IR gun read 185 across tread. Overall very pleased with results. I decided on these as lot of BMW guys were using them with good results. Almost hate to take them off and put the P zero's back in even just for street duty.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Sounds good! with a TD 200 tire I would be tempted to drive them on the street as well. All the abuse is done at the track!!

Mad Hatter said:
Sounds good! with a TD 200 tire I would be tempted to drive them on the street as well. All the abuse is done at the track!!

Even though it not a daily, my concern is trash on the streets, nails, glass, or something similar. Amazing the stuff that falls off of peoples pickups around here. Some look like Jed Clampit or Sanford & Son ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel