The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fall Full Throttle Fest at VIR November 22 and 23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just like everyone to know that Track Club USA and SCMC has a nice season ender at VIR the weekend before Thanksgiving. Please check it out here; http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19287

It will be another great time with practically unlimited track time for experienced drivers. You will wear out a set of pads and tires.
Hope to see the eastern and mid atlantic members there.
Steve

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I would to get out for this event... but I'm headed to Costa Rica that weekend for a much needed vacation!! Enjoy Steve. See you out at LRP later this month

I really enjoy the SCMC / Track Club USA events. They are laid back with a lot of track time. Several of us on BMO went to the recent Summit Point event and had a great time. The open track format turns a single weekend into several from a time on track perspective.

I am going to do my best to attend this one.

I also enjoyed the summit event.

I have to make up my mind pretty quickly about this event. If I do sign up, I'm going to need an instructor, since it'll be my first time at VIR.

TTT.

Sako, don't worry too much about an instructor. You can drive well enough that it won't be an issue. You can sign up and ask Tony and Pat for an instructor if one is available in the open track group.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
TMSBOSS said:
c
If I can get a trailer, I will be there.

My accountant(wife) is on side.

Any idea how long slots will be Available?

Plenty of available slots in all groups. Sadly and fortunately it will most likely be only 75-100 entries which at VIR means plenty of space on track and a fairly relaxed atmosphere. Hopefully they will use a combined group format for the upper intermediate to Advanced groups and for the Lower Inter and Novice groups with instructors.
Maximizes track time with 1 hour sessions. Worked very well at Summit Point, so well I wore out a set of tires and burned 52 gallons of gas and a set of pads.
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19287
Steve

TMSBOSS said:
Can I sign up while waiting on membership?

SVT Site mentioned 2 week processing time.

Yes you can!
I sent in my last event paper work while my membership was being processed. I put in the membership invoice # where it asked for membership #.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
F.D. Sako said:
Yes you can!
I sent in my last event paper work while my membership was being processed. I put in the membership invoice # where it asked for membership #.

Thanks

Done!

Registered.

Tires on order. Discounttiredirect.com has NT-01s on back order, due in 16 Oct.

Need pads from Pete.

Spare rotors on hand.

Where do folks stay in the area? Hotels, lodging at the track?

I'm considering staying at one of the lodges at the track.
I think the lodges at the paddock have 2 king beds, wouldn't mind splitting the cost with someone, if anyone's interested.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Reserved a paddock room and a garage.

Strangely enough, my wife went to the VIR site and saw the garages for rent and said I should get one since my Boss does not stay outside.

After 35 years, I have stopped trying to figure her out.

;D

PS. 1000th post.

Just reserved my room and finished my registration form, will be sending it in tomorrow. Can't wait to get on ViR for the first time and meet you guys, as well!

I wish I could join y'all, but I'll be out of town for a meeting. I will be there Nov 10/11 with Trackdaze. VIR such a nice blend of modern motorsports culture and being out in the middle of nowhere. It was a farm not 15 yrs ago.

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
[q

Well I guess not!!! Discount does NOT have nittos.

Refund on the way.

Now I have a tire problem.

Can I fit NT-01 size 315 30 18 on 10.5 x 18 PF-01 Wheels on the rear?

Thanks

TMSBOSS said:
[q

Well I guess not!!! Discount does NOT have nittos.

Refund on the way.

Now I have a tire problem.

Can I fit NT-01 size 315 30 18 on 10.5 x 18 PF-01 Wheels on the rear?

Thanks

When I called Nitto a couple of weeks ago they told me the NT01 would not ship until early November.

TMO Supporting Vendors