The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fall Full Throttle Fest at VIR November 22 and 23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
I like your problem solving skills;) I love my Eco screw. It's a beast...and so civilized.

I have some shiznit too, only it's the one supposed to be towed to the track. Stang keeps having misfires. Burned up 5 different cop's so far. Rev auto is trying to figure it out but it doesn't look good for me.

It was great meeting and seeing you guys again.
Looks like I didn't get to meet all of the BMO members that were there. Next time I have to do a better job of walking around the paddock!

VIR was on my to-do list this season, and I somehow got to squeeze it in as the last event of the season. I really enjoyed driving at VIR, especially the challenging last section of the track, the hog pin. I managed to go off track both on hog pin and roller-coaster sections on Sunday afternoon when it got really slippery with the rain/mist. Couldn't get the front end to stick, so I just went wide and off track, which probably means I was carrying too much speed on turn-in. Now I get to clean grass off my trans scoop ::)

TMSBOSS, you might have witnessed me come back on track from my first off at the roller-coaster :p

Here's a video of the first session on Sunday (Orange/inter group). I'd really appreciate some pointers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qprLFlafDAA

Nice meeting most of you!

Larry in red boss with wing garage 13

F.D. Sako said:
Looks like I didn't get to meet all of the BMO members that were there. Next time I have to do a better job of walking around the paddock!

VIR was on my to-do list this season, and I somehow got to squeeze it in as the last event of the season. I really enjoyed driving at VIR, especially the challenging last section of the track, the hog pin. I managed to go off track both on hog pin and roller-coaster sections on Sunday afternoon when it got really slippery with the rain/mist. Couldn't get the front end to stick, so I just went wide and off track, which probably means I was carrying too much speed on turn-in. Now I get to clean grass off my trans scoop ::)

TMSBOSS, you might have witnessed me come back on track from my first off at the roller-coaster :p

Here's a video of the first session on Sunday (Orange/inter group). I'd really appreciate some pointers!

LTNYC said:

Great event, and getting to meet so many new BMO members. Should have spent more time walking the paddock. What a great event!

Love the helmet cam 8)

Here's a video of a lead /follow I did with Will who was instructing -- unfortunately I only video'd a lap with just over half of him in front -- but it helped me a lot :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZi-jwjKDs

Black Boss said:
Great event, and getting to meet so many new BMO members. Should have spent more time walking the paddock. What a great event!

Love the helmet cam 8)

Here's a video of a lead /follow I did with Will who was instructing -- unfortunately I only video'd a lap with just over half of him in front -- but it helped me a lot :)

Nice vid Nick.
I don't know why, but I never tried the uphill S-es in 5th gear... Now I have something to try next time. 4th gear was maxing out before the bridge at around 118mph.

LTNYC said:

Larry, I didn't get to introduce myself in person, but I think I saw you around the paddock a couple of times. I'm Sarkis btw.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
F.D. Sako said:
Looks like I didn't get to meet all of the BMO members that were there. Next time I have to do a better job of walking around the paddock

Yep. Saw you coming biack on. Since no one saw me off track at 5......so it didn't happen. LOL.

Rain made things interesting with NT-01s. Had to call it a day. Even more interesting when I got home and off loaded in 1/2 inch of snow, had to pull the boss to get it to the garage.

Good times.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
That is why I packed up at 1:30, just wet enough to be dangerous. Glad you guys didn't hurt your cars. The event was great, good turnout but no on track traffic, huge Boss and Mustang turnout. Some technical issues with Steve Ks car which sucked as he, Black Boss and I were having some great sessions pounding around the track. Darren G was super quick, in the 2:04.xx range, and there was a Audi R8 with supercharger that was fast in our group along with a S2000 and an Integra with Hoosiers sticking 4 inches outside the fenders that was really fast too. Lot of fun and I plan on attending the February opener and the Superfest in May. Saturday parties at my Villa will have more advanced planning, hope everyone can attend.
Steve

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Some videos
Black Boss and I having too much fun;

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4dB_8L1FerM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Top speed was in fact 150.4 mph per TraqMate which has 40Hz GPS resolution vs the 1Hz iPhone Harry's used
Also another of my 2nd quick lap of the weekend, the 2:12.90 I only have data as the iPhone was out of memory.

<iframe width="1280" height="750" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NsZ7HrmJd9I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sarkis: thanks... hopefully we'll meet in May at the next event!

F.D. Sako said:
Nice vid Nick.
I don't know why, but I never tried the uphill S-es in 5th gear... Now I have something to try next time. 4th gear was maxing out before the bridge at around 118mph.

Larry, I didn't get to introduce myself in person, but I think I saw you around the paddock a couple of times. I'm Sarkis btw.

Darren G's car is a beast.

Had some of my best runs during the light rain Sunday afternoon! the line was dry, plus I'm on street tires :) It was me and 2 other cars on VIR for open track... hit a nice 50 min session from 2:30-3:20!

steveespo said:
That is why I packed up at 1:30, just wet enough to be dangerous. Glad you guys didn't hurt your cars. The event was great, good turnout but no on track traffic, huge Boss and Mustang turnout. Some technical issues with Steve Ks car which sucked as he, Black Boss and I were having some great sessions pounding around the track. Darren G was super quick, in the 2:04.xx range, and there was a Audi R8 with supercharger that was fast in our group along with a S2000 and an Integra with Hoosiers sticking 4 inches outside the fenders that was really fast too. Lot of fun and I plan on attending the February opener and the Superfest in May. Saturday parties at my Villa will have more advanced planning, hope everyone can attend.
Steve

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I also called it a day with the rain making things slick.

Best time before the rain was 27:09.

Respectable time for my 3rd track day.

Thanks to Larry and Darren for sharing garage space and advice. Much appreciate!

Tracy

Wanted to share this video with you guys. I'm sure most of you saw the aftermath with the e46 m3 :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkr_yRPzUCQ&feature=youtu.be

Yes, looked like a can opener had attached the M3. Ouch!:(

F.D. Sako said:
Wanted to share this video with you guys. I'm sure most of you saw the aftermath with the e46 m3 :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkr_yRPzUCQ&feature=youtu.be

TMO Supporting Vendors