The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FASTEST BOSS COLOR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Am I the only one with a black one ??? I think I recall one other forum member with black. If so, there's your answer for rare colors ! ;D

BLAZN BOSS

Black cars...............ho hum............LOL............I think there was a big push for black cars at one time..........oh yeah Moldel T's. ;D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Well at least mine doesn't look like a popscicle ! ;D With the Boss I really don't care what color it is, it kicks SOOOOOO much tail.

My 2 cents would be Calypso Coral from '69... :)

That's why I got Race Red - in the light, from some angles, the Race Red has that orangish-fire tint to it, looks a lot like Calypso Coral. :)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Since 1 out of 3 Bosses is CO, one can easily deduce that CO is the fastest color. It's the fastest off the assembly line where there are no 'Wednesday' cars, no driver mods, etc. Therefore, it is elementary my dear Watson. Just saying. ;D

BLAZN BOSS

Yep i agree Competition Orange....from those great stats you have there......you can CATCH one anywhere! LOL .....remember guys this is all in fun.

BLAZN BOSS

Blue....what a sad color.............dark blue.....reminds me of cold....dark places.....where things don't want to move very fast.....liquids slow........metal becomes brittle............tires become hard.........reactions just not what you want them to be.......now Yellow Blaze.........reminds me of one hot ass car! Fast.....burning up the road! LOL

Scientifically, or at least from some blog on the net, Red is the fastest color!

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080516084858AAokzb8

"Red travels the fastest"

BLAZN BOSS

Intresting scientific evaluation...........but one major factor is NONE of the colors would BE a color with the abscence of light. Now the source of light as we all know is from the star that our solar system revolves around..........pay attention now..........what color is that wonderful star we all MUST revolve around ....YELLOW.......and boy is is BLAZING hot...........So the equation that RED is basing it existing on must begin with...paying attention?..........YELLOW BLAZE.......thus Leading the way for all other colors. :)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Now that yellow has been removed from the equasion, that leaves red v. blue and although red can run like a leopard it is like red blood and soon the bloodletting weakens the species and if falls from exhastion. Blue on the other hand is in for the long haul and goes on like the wild blue yonder! It doesn't get anymore scientific than that.

Prof. Bullwinkle ;)

I think many of you are missing the obvious. White is the fastest color as it doesn't have all of the pigment that's in all the other colors slowing it down. yes less air resistance! how could you of missed that fact.

BLAZN BOSS

All valid point friends, but STILL..you cant catch a yellow blaze anymore........all the other are anyhere you want. LOL

BLAZN BOSS

I guess they had to add some adjective to "red" to make it at least sound fast...........but again.........have caught sight of a few of them still for sale.............................................can't say that for the color that surely got away.......Yellow Blaze................LOL..............remember all in fun.

TMO Supporting Vendors