The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fastest Tires for the $ in Competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PS - and no, the Continental slicks are no better than before , cheap , but slower than any listed above. For the guy just doing HPDEs or casual weekend track events, they are better than most 200 Treadwear street tires.

+1

Last year's discontinued Conti Stickers (G5500) were claimed to be the same compound as R7's, but in my experience they are 2s slower. I ran 305/650R18's up front and 305/680R18's on the rear on both my Race Car and the R. The 305's are wide -- about the same as Hoosier 315's. With the Contis, the rear was also loose. Have a feeling the taller rear Tire may meed more Camber.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Black Boss is right on the money, and exactly what we all saw , 2 seconds slower, but for someone who wants to do HPDEs (or just track days) , cheap alternative for many to get some tires for just fun running!?

TMO Supporting Vendors