The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Favorite Color

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I wanted a KB GT or Roush Stage 2 so I was happy that KB was available on the Boss. I like most of the color combinations. My favorite of all the cars for both years is the 2012 Black LS. I always favor metallic colors and also like YB and GHIG. I doubt I'd ever buy GHIG but after seeing a few cars that color in person I like it. I like to think of YB and GHIG as Lambo colors. ;)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
I really wanted a laguna seca so of two colors available for 2013 I chose black. There is a SBY LS available locally but I just liked black better so drove to Phoenix to get it.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
GHIG because I like green and it is the perfect companion to the MLM 1970 that I restored with my own two hands.... Its funny, I'd say I get more thumbs up in the 2013 than the 1970. Gotta say, I am thinking about the track key install for my birthday!!!

John

Have always loved the GB 1970 look so I felt lucky when the dealer near my house had a 2013 GB. It was the only BOSS they had allocated for the year and it was MSRP so worked out well. I would have also liked a Black, but not prepared for a 7K hit as I'm doing primarily DD with the car and dont need the hardware upgrades.

1 st choice: Grabber Blue
2 nd choice: Black
3 rd wish: Sterling or gun metal Gray

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Had a red '91 GT and didn't want red again. Also prefer the black stripes and thought the white/black combo was a classic look. The white/black '70 & '71 always looked great to me, too. 100+ degree summer days also factored in to my choice. ::)

Grabber Blue and GHIG are both hot, but to much of long-range eye magnets for me.

I think that one-of-one Graphite Gray is pretty sweet. 8)

My personal pick, had it been offered, would have been Lava Red w/ Black stripes. 8)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I always liked the grabber blue, especially the 1 off 2012 LS they auctioned off. However, I didn't like it as much on the 2013 and am happy I got competition orange. Both of the yellows look good too.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
My very personal - only - choice was Grabber Blue...
The first boss I ever saw was a 1970 grabber blue with shaker and spoilers...
I swore I would have one someday... I was 14...
I still wish they came with a shaker...

drano38

Wayne
Race Red.
All cars I've owned have been red, except the current Malibu family car.
So the choice was easy.

Ill be honest I live the green but I have the choice if changing colors and the more I look at the white the more I fall in live with it! Its just so clean

Red has always been my favorite color, so RR was what I was interested in.
Had a GB '70 Boss 302 & if GB was a color option for the 2012's it would have been a toss up between GB & RR.
All the colors look good IMO.

Yellow Blaze. It's really almost Grabber Orange and the metalic in the sun is phenomenal. Wasn't sure til I saw high quality pictures in different lights, then I had to find one. Black stripes and interior are a great contrast, and even the grabber blue valve covers look great surrounded by the yellow engine bay. If the Boss had come in Sterling, that would have been a tough choice.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Competition Orange hands down. Obviously the other colors are great. I am not sure you can have a "bad" color for the Boss. Love the black 12 and 13 (even if the 13 is partially because I am an Oakland Raiders fan) and SBY is perty too. As for getting my favorite color? SURE DID!!

Kona Blue! It has so much depth and such a chameleon too. But I have to add, it wasnt my favorite, or even on my radar until my wife said something about it. Then once I started looking, it became my first choice with back seats. But Silver and red is sexy! Now My next favorite is comp orange/white combo
jejyquzu.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Kona Blue Baby.

I knew exactly what I wanted and waited nine long months to get it from order to delivery.

If I had to pick a second, I'd say the 2013 LS Black/Gray. Just has that mean look to it.

I really wanted it in black with red stripes but this is only available with 12 LS or 13 LS (no red stripes). For several reasons I did not opt in for LS but thats off topic. So out of the standard Boss colors I went with red. I really do like the white and blue but felt the red was a color I would not ever get tired of staring at or driving (timeless to me). Plus the first Mustang I ever drove that started my infatuation for Mustangs was red (96 GT).

TMO Supporting Vendors