The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fender Pit stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner
Anyone here put pit stripes on your Black Boss 302 LS or any Boss for that matter? I have received two different colors from American Muscle, one set in Red the other in Silver. I'm trying to determine with my SO's help to see if the Red stripe matches the red stripes on my LS. I like the silver one as well. Just a curiosity question really.

My .02--a boss already has alot of stickers. Might be alittle gawdy. Also, for some reason I always associate the fender stripes with Chevy products.

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Corvette Grand Sport. ^

There's a car club in town that, apparently, uses black ones as their member colors. I see them on Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes, Chargers, Pontiacs, etc. Too played out for me. And I agree that the Boss has enough war paint as it is. Unless you have a pit crew attending to several identical Boss 302(s), it's a little much. But that's just my opinion.

TMO Supporting Vendors