The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fight Dirty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
TMSBOSS said:
Pete

Which wheels/offset are you running with the R6's??

According to Cloud9 I'll be good with the Enkei PF-01's (35mm and 38mm offsets). Did you know Gary was the official guinea pig for BMO ?? ;D He suggested a 1/8" spacer up front which will be here today also, but he also believes it may not really be necessary. I can't wait to see what my rear looks like with 315/30's on ::)

-Pete

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
PeteInCT said:
According to Cloud9 I'll be good with the Enkei PF-01's (35mm and 38mm offsets). Did you know Gary was the official guinea pig for BMO ?? ;D He suggested a 1/8" spacer up front which will be here today also, but he also believes it may not really be necessary. I can't wait to see what my rear looks like with 315/30's on ::)

-Pete

Guinea Pig....Yes.

Official....No.

Does the position come with benefits??? :eek: ;D

PeteInCT

Connecticut
TMSBOSS said:
Guinea Pig....Yes.

Official....No.

Does the position come with benefits??? :eek: ;D

Oh it's official alright, weren't you at the election ? ::) And yes, it comes with the benefit that we all can bust Gary's (censored) when he makes a mistake. Problem is it hasn't happened yet ! ;D

PeteInCT

Connecticut
roadhouse said:
Woot woot!

One day I might get to experience sticker slicks like you big ballers... ::)

Don't get sucked down the rabbit hole. I'm a track addict so I have an excuse ;D

steveespo said:
Good thing I have a set of Conti stickers in the basement...........and thirty more horses comin
Fighting dirtier. Way to one up him Steve :p

Don't worry Pete the difference between the R6 and the sticker Contis is just about 30 hp. It's a driver's race now 8)

Black Boss said:
Same Enkei wheel combo. I'm hoping the fronts will work without spacers.....
You should be fine. You'll end up with about 3/8" to the strut which SHOULD be enough. Just make sure to grind down the hex head on your sway bar end link or shim it back with some washers.

cloud9 said:
You should be fine. You'll end up with about 3/8" to the strut which SHOULD be enough. Just make sure to grind down the hex head on your sway bar end link or shim it back with some washers.

I've fixed the sway bar end link -- lower coilover perch has almost 3/4" clearance to 285 Conti's, so I'm hoping the Hoosiers will not be THAT much wider inside when mounted.......

Black Boss said:
I've fixed the sway bar end link -- lower coilover perch has almost 3/4" clearance to 285 Conti's, so I'm hoping the Hoosiers will not be THAT much wider inside when mounted.......
No they're not. I'd say max 1/4" but more likely 1/8". Either way with 1/2" you'll be more than fine.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Let's see, all I do is get a set if R6's and SOME people start grabbing 30+ RWHP and pulling A/C compressors. I do believe I smell fear....

;D

(Without Steve I would have missed a session due to my cracked rotors. Its brotherly love 8) )

TMO Supporting Vendors