The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fine Black Dust

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is anyone else noticing a fine black dust all over the back of their BOSS after driving it? I'm assuming it's an exhaust thing but have never really noticed it on other mustangs I've had.

Probably not exhaust. The big brakes throw off lots of black dust (if it is hard to wash off your hands and stains everything it touches, that's most likely what it is), especially when new, but I mostly get that on the rims. Possibly from new tires? Have you been tearing them things up ;D

I hate the big Brembos every time I have to clean the car ::)
On chrome rims I have found a nice coat of chrome polish allows you to wipe off the brake dust easily with a dry rag for few weeks, much easier than trying to wash it off. Maybe I should try it on the painted Boss rims too? Fotunately it doesn't look as bad on black as it does on the chrome.

kbush02 said:
Is anyone else noticing a fine black dust all over the back of their BOSS after driving it? I'm assuming it's an exhaust thing but have never really noticed it on other mustangs I've had.
I get the same thing on both the Boss and the GT500. It must just be how the aero works on the S197. Just pick up a California Duster ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors