The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Finish coming off the OEM rear rims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
The problem I am having is the finish is coming off the rear rims on the Boss...it only has 9000 miles on it and I have always garaged it and kept the car very clean. It isn't my daily driver, it's a fair weather car that I take to the track when I have the time. The two back rims are turning brown as the black finish is fading/coming off. I took it to the dealer, they took pics and sent them to ford and ford denied my claim. Does anyone have a contact at Ford that I could use to elevate it to the next level? I already attempted to contact the regional rep but it has been over two weeks and I haven't received a call back. I own 3 Ford vehicles and I would appreciate it if Ford would do me a solid on this one and replace my wheels. Any advice or contact info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Adam

PS...I don't track the car with these wheels so they actually only have about 5000 miles on them. I have a separate set of wheels and pads that I use for the track.

Call customer service and give them the rep info for the region and explain you have not received a call back, and you would like him to do an inspection
of the claim in person, because dealer is denying claim.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I called customer service two or three times and they tried to contact the rep but were unable to. They said they would leave a message with her and have her contact me. My last contact with them was made yesterday so I'll wait a few more days to see if they call. I wish they would just give me the reps number so I can contact them. The dealership didn't deny the claim, they sent it to Ford and Ford denied it. Ford said I didn't keep my wheels clean and the brake dust destroyed the rims? I don't know of any car that you have for a year with only a few thousand miles on the rims that would do this? I wash the car about once a week always by hand and the rims have never sat with brake dust build up on them. If that were the case the front rims should be in the same condition but they aren't. It's only the rear rims that are the issue. The OEM wheels are $700 a piece to replace. I just bought a brand new $50,000 dollar truck from Ford to add to the other two cars I own so I really hope they take care of this.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Contact deysha on all ford mustangs
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/278638-our-ford-customer-service-rep-deysha-8.html

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I do have questions though.
Did you dry the wheels after washing?
What did you wash them with?
Did you apply wax to them to keep them protected from brake dust?

Sorry to hear about your wheels. There are members selling there stock wheels for well under what the dealer wants. 600-1000 for a set is what I see them going for.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Justin said:
I do have questions though.
Did you dry the wheels after washing?
What did you wash them with?
Did you apply wax to them to keep them protected from brake dust?

Sorry to hear about your wheels. There are members selling there stock wheels for well under what the dealer wants. 600-1000 for a set is what I see them going for.

I wash the wheels with the same soap as I use to wash the car. I never use any rim cleaning products on them because I know that stuff can sometimes damage the finish. I have never waxed them but like I said they have only been used for street driving and the car has never sat dirty. If it gets dirty I wash it, especially after a day at the track and those wheels are never on the car when I go to the track. I have a set of Enkei PF01's for the track. I also dry the wheels after I wash them. This car is always clean and garage kept since new. It's my baby and it needs a new pair of shoes

TMO Supporting Vendors