The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Finspeed Wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone ever heard of them or owned them before? The Z/28 we were parked next to this past weekend at Thunderhill had a set and they looked terrific. Similar to Forgeline or HRE but half the price. What do you think of them?

http://www.finspeed.com/performance-wheels/f11/

I like these:

f11-lg.jpg

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
NFSBOSS said:
Similar to Forgeline or HRE but half the price.

http://www.finspeed.com/performance-wheels/f11/

I like these:

f11-lg.jpg

Until all the options are added in...that said, they look great!

Finspeed Wheel Options
Mechanical Options
RT
The RT option opens the center of the wheel allowing easier access to the lugs and removes approximately 1 lb per wheel. This option is $50 per wheel.
Center lock
The Center Lock option is required when using a uni-lug hub. Examples are the factory Porsche center lock, and many other racing applications. This option cannot be combined with the RT option, and is $65 per wheel.
Knurled Bead Seat
The Textured Bead Seat option increases friction in the contact areas of the tire and wheel, and limits tire slippage under heavy braking and acceleration. This option is highly recommended for track use and is $40 per wheel.
Ultralight
The Ultralight option is an additional machining process that removes material from low stress areas on the extremities of the wheel. This option removes approx .75 lbs per wheel, and has a large effect on rotating mass. This option is available on all wheel models and is $250 per wheel.
Pro
The Pro option is an additional machining process that removes material from low stress areas of the wheel, specifically, it I-Beams the spokes. This option removes approximately 1 lb per wheel and is only available on the F11 and F15. This option is $250 per wheel and can be combined with the Ultralite option.
Deep Conical
The Deep Conical option requires a different forging and additional machining. This option is not available in all sizes, please call for availability. This option is $100 per wheel.
Finish Options
Ceramic
The Ceramic Finish Option is $40 per wheel.
Hand Brushed
The Hand Brushed Option is applied manually by one of our Finish Techs. This is a process of lightly and strategically abrading the surface of the wheel to control the light reflection. This process is very labor intensive and is done by a human so the surface will not have a processed finish - but that is what makes it attractive. This option includes either a clear, light tint clear or full tint clear coat finish, and is $75 per wheel.
Hand Polished
The Hand Polished Option is applied manually by one of our Finish Techs. This option includes either a clear, light tint clear or full tint clear coat finish, and is $400 per wheel.

I'm interested but not real examples shown on the website. Need to see wheels on cars to make up my mind.

There are a number of race teams that use Finspeeds, so I'd consider them proven.

showthread.php

Lots of GT3/GT3RS and Corvette owners use them. They're geared toward the track environment. I wish the pricing was a clean $800-850 per wheel+200 shipping, but the RT option and knurled bead is too juicy to forgo. It gets up to 3600+ per set quickly, but from what many owners say, they're top quality. 15" GT500 brake owners will be able to use an 18 as well with good clearance.

They're the best deal for a top quality wheel. Somebody please buy a set in an extra wide width. Daniel @ Finspeed is a prompt, nice guy to work with. He almost made me order a set ;)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Couple important questions, are they hub centric for our cars and do 13/16" lugs fit in the openings without having the socket scrape. Picture shown there looks like a hub ring in there and the lugs look tight. I would also need confirmation they will clear the 6 piston/15" rotor combo. They do look nice and would be $1500 a set less than the Forgelines I lust after.
Steve

steveespo said:
Couple important questions, are they hub centric for our cars and do 13/16" lugs fit in the openings without having the socket scrape. Picture shown there looks like a hub ring in there and the lugs look tight. I would also need confirmation they will clear the 6 piston/15" rotor combo. They do look nice and would be $1500 a set less than the Forgelines I lust after.
Steve

They'll be hub centric. I'm sure you can request larger lug bores so you can use a big lug nut. Regarding brakes, here's a quote from Daniel:

We have 18's on cars that are running 400mm rotors, and have good clearance. The minimum we like to see is 5mm.

The best way to determine if we can, is to have you take some measurements for us. I will send over a spec sheet later today outlining what we need.

...and after sending Stoptech dimensions over:

Neema,

At the closest point, the diagonal corner of the caliper, we have 10.5mm of clearance. At the extreme outside dimension of the caliper, we have 12mm of clearance.

That's a mile of clearance compared to my Enkeis.

You can see how accommodating the shape of the rim is for big brakes in this picture. It must be a pain to mount tires on them

97s-cup-car-conversion-ex-mobonic-track-car-wheels.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel