The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fire Extinguisher bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A while back i think a member was custom making some fire extinguisher brackets for other members. Does anyone know who was making them, and if they are still available? Or could possibly make more?

I know there are other makes out there, but just checking first. A search didn't bring up much.

Out vendor Blowfish Racing has a nice mount that's inexpensive. Click on their link to the right of this page.

Thanks guys, I'm familiar with blowfish, trackway, and some other places. Just curious who the member was that was making them before. Really liked the design over the others.

Will probably end up going with trackday.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Shaun12 said:
A while back i think a member was custom making some fire extinguisher brackets for other members. Does anyone know who was making them, and if they are still available? Or could possibly make more?

I know there are other makes out there, but just checking first. A search didn't bring up much.

I think I know the bracket you're thinking of...I'm pretty sure they aren't available anymore, as I was considering buying the last one a while back.

Maybe you should consider putting in a fire system, along with the extinguisher. The reason I say this is because, if a fuel line ruptures under the hood, the fuel is under extreme pressure and the leak will create a "mist" that is easily ignitable. It also means the fire will spread very rapidly and even if you kill the master switch, it will still have to "bleed down".
I recommend an AFFF system, and although non standard, it has many advantages over the other types of extinguishing methods. I have used it in my cars where specific ratings are not required.
Halon doesn't hurt electrical systems and is non caustic but does not have the ability to "cover" the fuel and prevent re-flash
Dry chem, does provide some protection against reflash but corrodes virtually everything it touches
AFFF systems not only extinguish the fire, but provide a coating to prevent re-flash and is water soluble, it doesn't hurt anything.

This system also is user refillable
http://augustamotorsports.biz/firecharger-2-3l-afff-racing-fire-bottle-extinguisher-system-with-free-extra-recharge-kit/

There are also some emulsion based extinguishers out there like "Cold Fire" which do a good job on gasoline and oil, but not so much on alcohol type fires...even though I can't get Indycar to accept this fact..(even their own website excludes mention of alcohol fires) .but when we back them up, we use AFFF/Alcohol extinguishers and nothing else. This is what I have in all of my shop extinguishers.

http://www.coldfiredirect.com/Cold-Fire/?gclid=CPra9rety80CFcxZhgodLGAD5g#

Hope this helps your decision making process.

TMO Supporting Vendors