The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fire Extinguisher Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A few of you have contacted me about this so here's the contact information.

Last Fall I purchased a fire extinguisher mount from Steven McCarley whom Ken, PJwannbe, had recommended. It's a simple mount that bolts to the two front seat mount bolts. It's nothing fancy but quite functional. He also has a trunk mount available. Not nearly as sophisticated as the Brey Krause offering but not nearly as expensive either. ;) It mounts to either side but if you use it on the driver side you will not be able to use your floor mat pins. The seat still has full adjustment front and back. Steven was very easy to work with and very fast at responding to my questions. If you are interested in either the seat or trunk mounts drop Steven an email.

Seat mount = $30 plus shipping
Trunk mount = $20 plus shipping

Steven McCarley
(404)213-9693 cell
[email protected]

IMG_0553.jpg
P1020648.jpg
P1020647.jpg

Georgia
Many of you may recognize his name, he is the past President of MCA. Great guy and a former racer. He has been working hard on his new 5.0, while not a Boss, it does look awfully sharp.

drano38

Wayne
Awesome!
I got a fire extinguisher last spring before my first track event because the MAM tech sheet says its needed--but the tech sheet is for races, not open lapping, so I never installed it. So its been in the basement for a year. This is what I want - simple and cheap.
Is it steel, or aluminum?

Thanks Rick.

It's aluminum and I think he offers a couple of different colors. Mine is a hammertone grey.

I purchased mine because NorCal Shelby requires one for their track days.

Does anyone else on the boards have other ideas or suggestions on a mount? I need to purchase one before summer and would like to hear what others have found.

Here's mine, but truthfully I wish I asked Rick about his first. Simple and inexpensive compared to the Brey Krause Universal mount I installed. Mine has the ability to adjust the depth and angle, but I really don't need it. I installed mine on the passenger side.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5 DOT 0 said:
adam81 said:
Looks great! Does it come with the parts needed to install the fire extinguisher itself?
Yes but you'll still need a mount for the car.

"Chrome Wire Formed Mounting Bracket - Dual clamping straps."

What do you mean "a mount for the car"? That is the mount... You said it comes with the hardware to mount the fire extinguisher. I was originally referring to the seat mount itslef.... Is your post referring to the fire extinguisher?

I'm confused... ???

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
The mount shown is a universal mount which come with a flat plate surface to mount the extinguisher. You still need a 'harness' that wraps around the extinguisher and mounts to the (universal) seat mount. Go to the website indicated, you'll see the items available. You can go with the strap mount that comes with that extinguisher or just burn more money like I did and get the billet mount also ;D

adam81 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
adam81 said:
Looks great! Does it come with the parts needed to install the fire extinguisher itself?

What do you mean "a mount for the car"? That is the mount... You said it comes with the hardware to mount the fire extinguisher. I was originally referring to the seat mount itslef.... Is your post referring to the fire extinguisher?

I'm confused... ???
I wanted to make it clear there are two mounts needed. Looks like I failed. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
adam81 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
adam81 said:

I'm confused... ???
I wanted to make it clear there are two mounts needed. Looks like I failed. ;)

I got it now! Thanks man.

drano38

Wayne
Ordered mine last night.
He said he got several emails about them yesterday, and should have them made and shipped in a week or two.

Mounts are different for driver and passenger seat.
Hammertone gray, or flat black.

Mine will be passenger side and hammertone gray.

Finally--a track mod with a cost below 3 digits!

drano38

Wayne
PeteInCT said:
Not when you include the extinguisher - which I assume you'll also purchase ! ;D

Extinguisher is already in the basement, so with fuzzy math, this mod costs less than $50. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors