The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fire Extinguisher Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
well, i have jumped into another product line. tracks and venues are starting to require fire extinguishers on board if you want to be on track...and its just plain smart ot have one! so, i came up with this:

20130402155902.jpg

it just bolts up to stock or aftermarket seats in any s197 mustang. a single quick release pin frees the extinguisher. any extinguisher mounts to it, so no need for "fancy pants" bottles that only fit one mount type. theres also flexibility in the position you mount he extinguisher in. and you can remove the extinguisher for the street. the bracket stays put and you still have full articulation of the seat.

the kit comes with everything you need to install it and its completely reversable if you want to trade your car in. it is anticipated to be available to ship out by the end of April.

http://stores.blowfishracing.com/-strse-85/05-dsh-13-Mustang-Fire-Extinguisher/Detail.bok

..and Rick, if you feel there's a better spot to put this, feel free to move it.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i haven't actually tried it out on a power seat, but the bracket resides below the seat track, which appears to be in the same place on a power seat.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Thanks darrin. No you don't need to remove the seat. Its actually very easy. Remove the 2 front bolts. Place the bracket over the seat mount. Pit the new longer bolts in and torque them down. Done! One might say, "it's so easy a cave man could do it":)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Its here! I just got the first shipment of extinguisher mounts. they look fantastic and I test fit the first one and its perfect! I have had them up on the site, but haven't enabled ordering...until today! They are ready to ship out first thing Monday!

TMO Supporting Vendors