The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First Boss Dyno Run 416 RWHP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yea can't wait! :) It's going to take some getting used to running it up that high and keeping it up there. Do we know if there is a built in shift light on the tach like the "SVT" on the GT500s?

dean_acheson said:
No, I can't imagine that there is, given the bare-bones nature of the car.
The design of the car was to substitute performance parts for creature comforts. A shift light being a performance feature doesn't fit the bare bones concept of how the car was designed. The shift light on the GT500 (and other Mustangs?) is just a light in hte middle of the tach that you set through the "info" button on the dash. Not much different than resetting the trip odometer.

See post #7 here:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/boss-302-technical-forum/which-bezel-and-face-colors-would-you-choose-to-go-with-the-boss-interior/

If the tach is from a Boss, it looks like it has it. I'm just not sure what vehicle that is from.

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/2012-owners-guide-out-491225/

there isn't anything in the owner's supplement that references anything, looks like the base gauge package.

dean_acheson said:
I don't think that it is, looks like a redline @ 6, and it says SVT. The B2 is not a SVT rig.
You're right. Here is the Boss dash from one of the magazine stories. On my GT500 there is an orange "SVT" that lights up above the tach needle's center opposite where the odometer displays. You can't see that there is or is not one in this picture. Worst case, I can program one into the Aeroforce gauge I am mounting in the A/C vent left of the steering wheel, but that is not ideal from a visual standpoint. It's much easier to pick it up on the tach.

Attachments

• Boss_Dash.jpg
    Boss_Dash.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 335

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
If it had one, I'd imagine it'd read, "Boss" or "302" in the same vein as the SVT one. It's funny the Shelby has one and it's not as much a track car as the Boss is/will be and we're not 100% on if the Boss has one.

cloud9 said:
dean_acheson said:
I don't think that it is, looks like a redline @ 6, and it says SVT. The B2 is not a SVT rig.
You're right. Here is the Boss dash from one of the magazine stories. On my GT500 there is an orange "SVT" that lights up above the tach needle's center opposite where the odometer displays. You can't see that there is or is not one in this picture. Worst case, I can program one into the Aeroforce gauge I am mounting in the A/C vent left of the steering wheel, but that is not ideal from a visual standpoint. It's much easier to pick it up on the tach.
So now that you have your Boss, Is there a shift light?

BossJockey said:
cloud9 said:
dean_acheson said:
So now that you have your Boss, Is there a shift light?
Doesn't look like it after cycling through the setup. I haven't looked in the manual though. I was going to set one up on the Aeroforce gauge last night but ran out of time. Will try tonight.

ORANGE CRUSH said:
If it doesn't have one then I'll probly put a Raptor shift light in it. Had one in the Cobra and liked it.
What's a Raptor shift light? Got a link?

TMO Supporting Vendors