The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First Drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally, and after looking at it since December, when I took delivery, the snow is gone, my importation inspections complete, I drove my LS for the first time! What a car! Corners like its on rails, and pulls like a freight train. I couldn't be happier, ...ok, the fuel economy could be better, but I had 120 miles of "fun", and I don't care. Track Key is 10 days away. Now, I must go wash the bugs off the front.

Glad to hear your enjoying you car. I couldn't help but notice the other cars in your garage. 70' Boss and an E-Type? (drool) Please post some pictures!

Oh yeah. I'm taking mine for a spin today and can't wait to fire it up. First things first though and that's to drop my kids off at school in "car line". That's the main reason I purchased the car so my kids friends can see them being dropped off at school in a RCWALP. ;D

Fixy said:
Finally, and after looking at it since December, when I took delivery, the snow is gone, my importation inspections complete, I drove my LS for the first time! What a car! Corners like its on rails, and pulls like a freight train. I couldn't be happier, ...ok, the fuel economy could be better, but I had 120 miles of "fun", and I don't care. Track Key is 10 days away. Now, I must go wash the bugs off the front.

Congrats! Glad you could purchase new before they're all sold.

Yep, around town gas mileage is mediocre, but highway fuel economy on these cars is pretty darned good... I'll get 24-25 mpg no problem at 70-75 mph on the interstate. (I do wish the tank capacity were 20gal or more for better cruising range.) But, hey, you don't buy a Boss 302 for the fuel economy.

jneary, like you, I wanted a green 2013, but in the end opted for a LS, even though it doesn't match my old car.

The new ones are sure a lot quicker than the old, eh? I have 3:50's in my old car which doesn't help off the line. The new one is such a hoot!

TMO Supporting Vendors