The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First event question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Bill Pemberton said:
Pete ,

Don't eat those , they ain't deep fried cheese curds, those are them deep fried rabbit turds. They eat funny things in South Dakota, but I guess it makes them fast on the track. I heared Gary was fast, so I am trying to get a new class for us old farts when we get to Motorsports Park Hastings. Gary can run in the young whippersnapper group , and a bunch of us are going to run our Bosses in the AARP ( arthritic ,aged , racing people ) Class.

I ain't ready for AARP yet, and when I am I'm going down kickin' and screamin' ! My NE Club has one driver that is 72 years young, a former instructor who still drives very well and safe (albeit not balls to the wall like he used to). He just bought a beautiful yellow Cayman S. He's my role model for ageless driving !

drano38

Wayne
My instructor last weekend has plenty of years behind him and has screws in both ankles and hobbles around--pre-session instructions were simple--"you'll pick me up at my car". He could barely get in and out of the car, but drove great.
Have fun as long as we can.

Bill Pemberton said:
Pete ,

Don't eat those , they ain't deep fried cheese curds, those are them deep fried rabbit turds. They eat funny things in South Dakota, but I guess it makes them fast on the track. I heared Gary was fast, so I am trying to get a new class for us old farts when we get to Motorsports Park Hastings. Gary can run in the young whippersnapper group , and a bunch of us are going to run our Bosses in the AARP ( arthritic ,aged , racing people ) Class.
Don't BS these guys Bill. You'll have me beat before my car's off the trailer. I'm just happy I got lucky at the inaugural event.

The inside on this off topic thread are some pics I sent Pete from Bernardo's Steak House in Hastings a couple weeks ago. You see, he's one of them thar city slickers from New York. He doesn't rightly appecyate good home cookin'

I was bustin' a gut at the old school steak house atmosphere. It's like I stepped back in time when I was a kid. They even had the velvet matador art hanging on the walls. That said the food was incredible ;D

Check out the appetizers. Yes you read the 4th item down correctly ;D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Played it safe and went surf & turf. The red ceramic lobster over the candle with the melted butter was priceless. Sorry I didn't get a pic of that one Pete :D

Anyone remember the relish tray ???

Ambience 8)

Went with the cream filled chocolate cake. Anyone remember Suzy Qs????

Nice that they have Boston Cream Pie for the city slickers. :eek:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually you guys need to listen to Gary, as the food in Hastings is pretty darn good , and we have great food catered to the events too. With beer under 3 bucks and wine around 4 at the track Clubhouse, they also have a rather scantily clad young lady often serving beverages-----and she does remind you of an old John Denver song if you get my drift ( Rocky Mtn. high )

Understand about the older guys out there running at 72 or later, as I definitely plan on being one of those guys, but at 60 it is fun to try and keep up with the young guys. Gary will be whipping up on us in September, but I will do my best to stay close.

I do still instruct at two tracks , run an ACR and a Boss, and go by the nickname of Fastoldman. Gary will likely relegate that to Oldman when we run together at the Mustang/ Ford Roundup at MPH this Fall.

You guys need to put that down on your calendar, and you can get some of them deep fried delicacies and don't forget the scantily clad barmaid at the track if you need further inducements!

www.racemph.com
Check out the Schedule , registration, etc. under the Mustang/Ford Roundup event -- we will have Ford engineers there that weekend too !!!

Last Year Gary won the King of the Hill ---- beating everyone else and we have already voted him in as King of the Mods this year, so one trophy is already gone!!!

Bill Pemberton said:
Actually you guys need to listen to Gary, as the food in Hastings is pretty darn good , and we have great food catered to the events too. With beer under 3 bucks and wine around 4 at the track Clubhouse, they also have a rather scantily clad young lady often serving beverages-----and she does remind you of an old John Denver song if you get my drift ( Rocky Mtn. high )

Understand about the older guys out there running at 72 or later, as I definitely plan on being one of those guys, but at 60 it is fun to try and keep up with the young guys. Gary will be whipping up on us in September, but I will do my best to stay close.

I do still instruct at two tracks , run an ACR and a Boss, and go by the nickname of Fastoldman. Gary will likely relegate that to Oldman when we run together at the Mustang/ Ford Roundup at MPH this Fall.

You guys need to put that down on your calendar, and you can get some of them deep fried delicacies and don't forget the scantily clad barmaid at the track if you need further inducements!

www.racemph.com
Check out the Schedule , registration, etc. under the Mustang/Ford Roundup event -- we will have Ford engineers there that weekend too !!!

Last Year Gary won the King of the Hill ---- beating everyone else and we have already voted him in as King of the Mods this year, so one trophy is already gone!!!
C'mon Bill! Vegas has you as the odds on favorite to win it all. You're already a 2:1 favorite.

TMO Supporting Vendors