The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First Mustang ever sold, still owned by original owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I read this earlier today, what a great story. I bet someone would pay $1M for that one.

Wow, definitely a neat story! Beautiful car and that was a nice chunk of change in '64 at almost 3500 dollars. She is 71 years young, she doesn't look her age. Mustang is the fountain of youth!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
My dad bought a 1965 Mustang, automatic, new.

I remember him telling my mom he could no longer drive his 1964 Volvo any longer because the stick shift caused painful inflammation in his shifting elbow.

lol.

It made him super happy to own that car. I remember the color was called Honey Gold.

I felt really cool because we were the only family in the 'hood to have a Mustang.

(The neighbor was cooler though because he had a new Corvette Sting Ray in that fabulous "Corvette Blue" color...)

I remember the Mrs. sitting in the driver's seat of that Sting Ray pounding back cans of Busch Bavarian beer.

TMO Supporting Vendors