The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First Oil Change - Oil and Filter?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowBoss said:
Thanks GottaBoss for the reply. Ford Racing says it is the correct filter and fits the Boss 302 engine. I was also told by people working for FR that it is correct and that a FR 500S will not be made. If I was not using the racing filter I would use a standard Motorcraft FL500S and nothing else but that is just me.

Yes YellowBoss, I think I'll just stick with with the FL500s and call it good. I'm just street driving the car and I change my oil regularly so I'm sure all will be good.

I tend to go to the 'better' product when one is available especially when it comes to things like oil and filters but in this case I think I'll just go back to basics. I'm easy on my vehicles anyway.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

GottaBoss: That's exactly what I was trying to suggest. Sorry if it was understood differently.
To Justin: In a perfect world you're right about the MFA, but the reality is if Ford determines (for whatever reason) it's not getting paid there is nothing you're going to be able to do about it. Waving an MFA paper that you think applies won't get it paid. Once Ford makes the decision even the dealer can't over ride it. The dealer could step in and pay for it or help pay for it as they may have funds available to do that. Up to a point the dealer can make some decisions but with the big ticket items Ford will get involved and what they say goes. I'm not saying the Ford decision has never been reversed but I am saying I've never seen it reversed. Just trying to give fellow Boss owners informational help so they can make the best decision for themselves. Good luck and enjoy the best value, highest performance car available.

SilverBolt said:
GottaBoss: That's exactly what I was trying to suggest. Sorry if it was understood differently.

Your comments were very helpful SilverBolt. Thanks for the help.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
SilverBolt said:
To Justin: In a perfect world you're right about the MFA, but the reality is if Ford determines (for whatever reason) it's not getting paid there is nothing you're going to be able to do about it. Waving an MFA paper that you think applies won't get it paid. Once Ford makes the decision even the dealer can't over ride it. The dealer could step in and pay for it or help pay for it as they may have funds available to do that. Up to a point the dealer can make some decisions but with the big ticket items Ford will get involved and what they say goes. I'm not saying the Ford decision has never been reversed but I am saying I've never seen it reversed. Just trying to give fellow Boss owners informational help so they can make the best decision for themselves. Good luck and enjoy the best value, highest performance car available.
if they deny my warranty claim cause I am running a K&N filter I will never buy a car from ford again. but then again if my motor fails I wont be wasting my time taking it to ford I will be upgrading it with a built bottom end.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel