The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First oil change today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I should have wrote:
I would not drill bigger then 1/2 inch to start.

You may end up bigger, as Rick said the 3/4 is a great middle of the road sound. Try it at 1/2 for two weeks, by that point you will know if you like the sound or not.

BLAZN BOSS

Yep .......oil change and exhaust but I wasn't saying I thought the exhaust would melt the tires, just that I remembered someone having problem with their tires and I thought it was soon after uncorking the side pipes. No tie in though, it was front tires.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
The rear fender plastic guards that are right behind the side pipes are the things that melt if u have them on when u track the car. I do not know if the regular Boss pirelli tires have the same issues as the Corsas do.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
BLAZN BOSS said:
Yep .......oil change and exhaust but I wasn't saying I thought the exhaust would melt the tires, just that I remembered someone having problem with their tires and I thought it was soon after uncorking the side pipes. No tie in though, it was front tires.
Sorry I know what you meant when you asked about the previous thread.

On a side note I have 1/2" disc that I have never used shoot me a pm if you are interested.

TMO Supporting Vendors