The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First sighting on the road of another Boss (NJ)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I took the Boss for an hour ride to pick up the registration for my wife's car at the dealer. Of course the Boss got a lot of attention at the car dealer. On the way home on Rt 18 in NJ I pulled up next to a 2012 Red Boss 302. Anyone on here? We followed each other for about 15 miles before I had to exit. It was good seeing another one out on the road. My wife is still adjusting to all of the looks the car gets. ;D 8)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Re: First siting on the road of another Boss (NJ)

I too live in New Jersey and I can say that after 4.5 years of ownership, (KB 2012 Boss 302), seeing another Boss 302 on the road in NJ is indeed a rare sight. I've only seen 4 or maybe 5 Boss 302's since Q4 2011.

Enjoy your Boss,
302 Hi Pro

What I find some what strange.
NJ is such a small state and between the 2012 and 2013 models there must be around 80+ cars and that's low #. You just don't see them. I have had my Boss sense 4/2011 and have only seen about 6 maybe 8 bosses. Most of the time its at a car show. I'm located in south central NJ by Great Adventure. My Boss is just a weekend trooper. Between 2 jobs and a small farm to handle. My free time is not really FREE. I would however enjoy meeting up with others Boss owners at a C&C or show / event. Maybe just for a blast down the TP or PW or whatever.
Good to see other NJ Boss owners on the boards.. Can you tell us about your Boss?
I have a 2012 Yellow Blaze Boss #478 with all options and a few aftermarket ones. They are listed as: all show and no go.

Jerry

We're not too far away, I'm in Toms River, close to downtown.

I bought a 2013 Black LS at the end of October. It's my DD when there's no snow or salt on the road, there's no way I'm going to let it sit in the garage. I bought it in NY just over the state line. It had 9,400 miles when I bought it and I've probably put about 2k or so on it so far. The car is stock. Since I got it I pulled off the LS splitter, it scrapes going into my driveway. I put on a set of winter wheels and I added weathertechs. The trans bracket and hood struts are still on the list.

I'm looking forward to the warm weather with more time to cruise around. I'm up for having a get together somewhere. They do a once a month car show in downtown Toms River once it gets warm but its primarily classics.

Driving down the NJ turnpike at around 1pm today 4/14/16 around exit 9 area. I saw a Race Red 2012 Boss. The car was in the car lane and I was in the truck lane with my good old faith full Toyota Corolla. I had to push my girl up to 85 to catch up. I maintained that speed for many miles till I had enough. I just don't ever see any Bosses here in NJ and I was like a kid in the candy warehouse. The 2012 Race Red Boss looked all OEM.

Any chance its someone here.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
I live in central NJ.

Somerville has huge cruise night every Friday. Some weeks spots are reserved for a mark of car. If you guys want to do a Boss 302 night let me know.

REAL 1 said:
I live in central NJ.

Somerville has huge cruise night every Friday. Some weeks spots are reserved for a mark of car. If you guys want to do a Boss 302 night let me know.
If I'm free I would attend. Would be nice to get 3 or 4 Bosses together.
When I went to order my car, I wanted a silver/Red LS and my wife/banker said It was out of my credit range. :eek:
So I might drool over your car. ;D

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I'm in as I live just south ou you guys near Medford, NJ.

It would be a lot of fun seeing more Boss 302 Mustangs in NJ.

This past Sunday, I attended a Mustang car show at Johnsons Farm and I was the only Boss of any year in attendance. Must have been 12-18 Shelby GT 500's. The Boss did receive a lot of attention which was nice.

Let me know as I look forward to meeting other Boss 302 Owners.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Ok, you guys are on! I will see if I can get ahold of the club that runs it and set something up.

Somerville is usually packed every Friday evening after Memorial day. It has been listed in the top 10 cruise nights in the country. To get nice spots you have to get there EARLY normally. Like 2:30.

Live DJ. Lots of restaurants, shops...

Nice evening. I go almost every week even if I don't bring a car. Relaxing for me especially after a nutty week.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel