The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First track day event

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road America 5/17 was my first event and was a huge success! Learned a lot with excellent instructors with plenty of track time for a novice like me. I also have the August slot booked and can't wait to get back. Really pushed hard and was safely aggressive. Passed a few cars but didn't get passed by anyone. Car and driver back in one piece safe and sound.

Photos?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
San Antonio
Glad you were able to get out for the first time and sounds like you had a great time. Bringing you and the car home safely is always the objective, so job well done! Was this a one time deal or did you get the bug to do more? I would love to have the opportunity to run Road America, have it on the bucket list, but I'll have to be satisfied with simulator action for now.

TMO Supporting Vendors