The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First track day for the Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VoodooBOSS said:
Do you have a 12 or 13? Also were you experiencing any high rev lockout of the shifter or the clutch pedal sticking to the floor?
It's a 2013 LS. No high Rev lockout. Just the shifter was super mushy.

mrwoodman34 said:
1:37 is a very respectable time for that track. I have always run that track with street tires but this fall I will run it with NItto NT01s.
BTW, your car is a track car!

Well...for the last several years it's just been a garage queen. It sure was a lot less stressful driving this car compared to my race car. The only tool I used was a couple of zip ties and some duct tape.

So what kind of oil cooler are guys running. I'm looking at the Cool Tech ones but man are those things pricey.

vrinner said:
Well...for the last several years it's just been a garage queen. It sure was a lot less stressful driving this car compared to my race car. The only tool I used was a couple of zip ties and some duct tape.

So what kind of oil cooler are guys running. I'm looking at the Cool Tech ones but man are those things pricey.
Check the link below for some ideas on how to build your own oil cooler.

Tell us about your race car!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6652.0

VoodooBOSS said:
Check the link below for some ideas on how to build your own oil cooler.

Tell us about your race car!

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6652.0
Thanks for the link to the cooler build. Certainly something to look into before the next track event.

My race car is an 86 SVO. It's been a work in progress for what seems like forever. Maximum Motorsport full grip kit, custom hand built wide body kit, 2.3 stroked to 2.6. I haven't had the car on the track yet with the new motor (thats what I'm working on) but when I had it out there with a fairly stock motor it was certainly under powered but the suspension setup is pretty much where I think it should be.

TheRaceCar.jpg
qm8.jpg
DSC00223.jpg
DSC00204.jpg
IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5376.jpg
IMG_5437.jpg
IMG_5414.jpg
IMG_5410.jpg

Exhaust5.jpg
20160321_211152.jpg
20160307_214841.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

Georgia
vrinner said:
My race car is an 86 SVO. It's been a work in progress for what seems like forever. Maximum Motorsport full grip kit, custom hand built wide body kit, 2.3 stroked to 2.6. I haven't had the car on the track yet with the new motor (thats what I'm working on) but when I had it out there with a fairly stock motor it was certainly under powered but the suspension setup is pretty much where I think it should be.

Ha! I figured that was you... have watched you build that car forever on the SVOCOP site. Glad to hear that you have made the plunge with your Boss... it is addicting!

blacksheep-1 said:
Those look like Maeir flares, if they are, good job on the bodywork, they aren't the straightest pieces ever made.
Thanks for the compliment but I built the flares myself based on some fenders that Ford made back in the day. I couldn't find them so I decided to make my own. Then a couple of years after I finished mine the original manufacture is offering them. Oh well. At least I still have my molds and can make them as needed.

TMO Supporting Vendors