The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First Track Weekend with the GT350

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
I spent the weekend at the Pueblo Motorsports Park with my GT350 for a Porsche CLub HPDE and had a lot of fun! The car kept up with pretty much everything and was limited by me as a driver.

My initial impressions of the car on track (for someone of my intermediate skill level) is pretty good. It's a bit more of a handful than the Porsche in regards to the weight transfer, but with practice I got a little more comfortable. The car's torque cannot be matched by their non GT NA cars.

Can't wait until the next track day!

Here is a video of my first run on Sunday. The GT4 (modified) was pretty fast!
https://youtu.be/vJOb-3iGA28

drano38

Wayne
Looks like a great time. Nice driving.
I've been to 2 PCA events this year and really enjoy them.

gleek48

Tapatalk User
Although it wasn't really hot, it was quite warm with temperatures into the mid 80's. The car (track pack version) was very reliable and didn't have any cooling or brake issues (at least for my skill level). The car ran great even when it was run in back to back sessions. The only issue was that i kept needing to refuel the car!

Looking good! I've run across a few GT4's so far and they are pretty fast.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel