The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

First win

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cool, congratulations!

Thanks for all the congrats!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7xvd9A9MMc[/youtube]

This is not the race that I won, but it was a really close race for the last half. I think the battle for last during the first 3 laps was a result of the "sippin' hooch" from the night before. :eek:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
smittytx said:
This is not the race that I won, but it was a really close race for the last half. I think the battle for last during the first 3 laps was a result of the "sippin' hooch" from the night before. :eek:

Nonetheless, that was a nice, CLEAN race (at least on your part). Impressive climb back through the pack; getting a good start is one of the most important things in racing. There is something about wheel-to-wheel that gives that extra little adrenaline fix that you can't get anywhere else :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Yes the booze before the next day cruise can slow one down at first,ha. Nice recovery and looks like you kept your cool while everyone else tried to work it too hard on a hot day. Hallett is a fun track, not overly wide, and you avoided a couple of sketchy moments -- nice composure and you should be pleased with that drive ( impressive ).

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Congrats smitty. You handled the car well. Now if you want a real challenge. Try your skills here back East on route 95. This will take you to the next level! ;)

MMD

Congratulations! Looked like a lot fun.
I noticed in the telemetry that when you were down shifting to 2nd from 3rd, it flashed 4th for a moment. Why is that?

13SBY302 said:
I noticed in the telemetry that when you were down shifting to 2nd from 3rd, it flashed 4th for a moment. Why is that?

Because the Boss only wants to go faster 8)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
13SBY302 said:
The system calculates gear position from rpm and actual gps speed. Sometimes when downshifting you slip the clutch and it sees a given speed at a lower rpm than it would be for the lower gear and indicates a higher gear. Once the clutch is fully out and full revs come up it shows correct gear. Pretty impressive tech.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors