The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

fitment guidance needed-change from Boss to 2013 GT500?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Today I ordered the HRE P45S wheels with a brushed silver finished clearcoat. Going with the Laguna Seca factory setup of 9" and 10" wide wheels on the factory 19" diameter. I wanted a "minimalist" style wheel for the car. They will be ready in 4-6 weeks.

The info regarding lowering the car was very helpful. Since the car is not tracked and the height just needs to be dropped a little bit, I will order just springs and an adjustable panhard bar.

I measured the car last night and see the factory setup has the left wheel about 3/16" further out then the right wheel at standard, OEM height. I assume this can be corrected with the adjustable panhard bar.

...have not seen any Mustangs mounted with this wheel, yet...

188704.jpg

0Gloss%20Charcoal%20d_w600_wheelindustry_watermark.gif

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
The HRE headquarters are about a half hour drive from my house in the San Diego area. Their manufacturing plant is located in a "leafy" as opposed to a "gritty" industrial area.

When the vendor told me delivery was 4 to 6 weeks, I asked "are they really that busy?"

The answer was yes. Also, he said there is only one guy at HRE that hand brushes the wheels ordered with that optional feature. Good lord, I hope he doesn't catch the flu.

Depending on the volume of orders for a particular style wheel, HRE will build them in batches and delivery may be quicker.

Seems to me, you could spend a lot less than that and get virtually the same ugly wheels for your Boss. :p
Pretty sure Forgestar makes a wheel like that for quite a bit less money.
If price is not an issue, shop around some, there are some truely amazing looking wheels out there.

four-walling said:
Nope, ugly like that doesn't come cheap.

:)

Indeed, I must be too old school, I just cant wrap my head around a lot of the new wheel styles. Most of the ones I see people drooling over, I find truely UUUUUUUUggglyy.

Eye of the beholder I guess. :) Grats on the new wheels.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
NewBossowner said:
Indeed, I must be too old school, I just cant wrap my head around a lot of the new wheel styles. Most of the ones I see people drooling over, I find truely UUUUUUUUggglyy.

Eye of the beholder I guess. :) Grats on the new wheels.

Here you go!

$(KGrHqZ,!pIE9c-MoEh3BPptpvUpKw~~60_35.jpg

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Just ordered the lowering springs, panhard, strut mounts and jounce bumper kit. Want to have the car at the ready when the wheels are done.

...only about 3 to 5 weeks until the wheels arrive...

four-walling said:
Just ordered the lowering springs, panhard, strut mounts and jounce bumper kit. Want to have the car at the ready when the wheels are done.

...only about 3 to 5 weeks until the wheels arrive...

We of course expect Pictures when you are all done.

four-walling said:
Today I ordered the HRE P45S wheels with a brushed silver finished clearcoat. Going with the Laguna Seca factory setup of 9" and 10" wide wheels on the factory 19" diameter. I wanted a "minimalist" style wheel for the car. They will be ready in 4-6 weeks.

The info regarding lowering the car was very helpful. Since the car is not tracked and the height just needs to be dropped a little bit, I will order just springs and an adjustable panhard bar.

I measured the car last night and see the factory setup has the left wheel about 3/16" further out then the right wheel at standard, OEM height. I assume this can be corrected with the adjustable panhard bar.

...have not seen any Mustangs mounted with this wheel, yet...

188704.jpg

0Gloss%20Charcoal%20d_w600_wheelindustry_watermark.gif

My God that is a lot of money for a set of wheels....I am jealous for sure. They should look fantastic...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel