The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Flag nuts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier said:
If you have a Fastenal in your area... they should have them. Grainger may as well.

Awesome, thank you. I tried to look up on Fastenal's website but it seems very hard to navigate if you don't know the set/subset of nut or bolt you are looking for.

steveespo said:
Brandon
What are you trying to buy? Fordparts.com can show you the part numbers for every nut and bolt on the car. For suspension stuff I would go with OEM or aerospace grade 12.8 fasteners.
Steve

I wanted to replace the flag nut on the diff since the stock one spins on the Whiteline UCA. I will want the strongest possible nut and bolt to go with the Steeda bushing I am going to get to replace the stock rubber bushing.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
JScheier said:
If you have a Fastenal in your area... they should have them. Grainger may as well.

Fastenal sucks. I highly doubt your local store would have this specialized part. fordparts.com would be the place to start and go from there. Get the part number and google the crap out of it 'till you find it. Did I mention that Fastenal sucks?

TymeSlayer said:
Fastenal sucks. I highly doubt your local store would have this specialized part. fordparts.com would be the place to start and go from there. Get the part number and google the crap out of it 'till you find it. Did I mention that Fastenal sucks?

You did, I would assume then that Ford parts would have the nuts and bolts and they should be good enough quality.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel