The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Flat Rock shut down next week ??!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Good evening everyone, I really hope my estimated numbers are wrong but based on first quarter performance and history they might be close, but not popular. I seem to remember 1969 Boss Mustang production starting in April ( April 17th by memory ) of 1969. In a year without outside vendor restraints or a " LEAN " parts program in place. Production that year only reached 16041 ( by memory ). This leads me to think history is in the remake. I have yet to see any actual Ford published data as to numbers to be built only leaked estimates. I can only hope any bottlenecks in the current system are worked out for everyones benefit. I find myself very affected as my car will likely be in the last units built. Lets see if any good news arrives next week when production resumes..

SS check your type, the original 1969 production was 1,600 not 16,000. ;)

The concern I have with your estimate is the current Boss cars are being sold and ALLOCATED with a very specific process Ford has laid out. This process has no correlation to the 1969 cars. Ford did not state any specific goal or allocation for the 69 cars and I believe they would have made as many as customers wanted. The current delays have nothing to do with what may have happened in 69. I have no issues with your posting your opinion but if your analysis had more relevance I might believe it more.

Ok, Ok, Thanks for not rubbing the typo error too bad, ( I flunked typing ). I truly hope you are correct..enough said...

5 DOT 0 said:
SS check your type, the original 1969 production was 1,600 not 16,000. ;)

1628 - slacker! ;D 7013 in 70 but I have heard 7012.

It would be nice if they make only 1600 this year for us that have one, don't plan to sell it but less is better.

2012 Boss... I was also counting the 13 race cars that carried a 9F serial number. Lets give a old timer a break my memory is not that perfect.

Just spoke to Ford Customer Service about 1:15 pm today 4/18/11. The rep Randy told me and checked while I was on the phone that the Flat Rock Plant was not shut down.
Jim

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel