The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Flip Down front License Plate bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks good and welcome to BMO.

Thanks. This forum is great. Makes owning a BOSS even better (if that's possible) to have all of the knowledge, experience, and opinions of so many fellow BOSS enthusiasts in one place. Only bummer is I bought mine in Dec and I haven't had much good weather here in MD to drive her as much as I would like...

Tulsa, OK
Looks great! Perfect option for those who live in states where a front plate is necessary.

Luckily Oklahoma doesn't require a front plate. Or inspections 8)

Ct requires a front plate but I've been driving my BOSS without one since I got the car in Oct 2011 & I haven't been stopped yet. I have my no holes bracket & plate in the back seat in case I do get stopped & have to try & talk my way out of a ticket. If I ever get stopped for speeding, the front plate issue will be an added offense, I'm afraid........BOSS looks so much nicer without a front plate.

I would post a video but I ended up opting for the manual bracket since I won't be flipping it down that often(it was also about $80 cheaper...).

As far as the manufacturer, I'll have to check tomorrow but I got it from American Muscle (http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdown-licenseplate-manual.html).

I was debating on leaving the front plate off all together for a while but a friend of mine has a 2012 BOSS and has been pulled over a couple of times because his front plate was flipped down. I think MD is just really hard on that for whatever reason.

TMO Supporting Vendors